Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:20 AM

Author Topic: Error triggered Mack3 stopped working  (Read 16708 times)

Error triggered Mack3 stopped working
« on: October 19, 2016, 07:11:39 PM »
I am using Mach3 version R3.043.056. Most of the time the program runs fine. But for reason's that I can't see or understand Mach3 goes into an "error triggered Art Code 3336" an stops running. The only way to recover Mach is to shut it down a restart Mach3. By doing so the Machine home setting are lost and have to be reset. The "Working Coordinates zero" will also need resetting and as everyone knows resetting the "Working Coordinates" are very hard to set to the exact settings as they were. Most of the time working with wood this is not much of a problem but I'm trying to cut some 3/4" 6061 aluminum to build a new Joe's EVO CNC router and now this can be a real problem. Has anyone seen this "error triggered" before and found some way to fix it? Sometimes I get "error #3337 or #3336. The number is never the same.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Error triggered Mack3 stopped working
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 09:43:33 AM »
Do the Gcode programs you are having this trouble with contain any G73 to G83 moves ?

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 11:00:48 AM »
Tweakie thanks for the reply. The times that I get the error triggered I'm not using a drilling code G78 or G83. So no there are no G78 or G83 codes in the Gcode file I am running.

Gene

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 03:16:56 AM »
Hi Gene,

This is probably not much help but I have not been able to replicate your Art Code error now as I did some 3 years ago. What I found then is that the error occasionally appeared on one PC but when running the identical code (and version of Mach3) on another PC there was no error and my code ran just fine, every time.
It is my guess that there was some kind of conflict where my PC / installation of WindowsXP was not happy with the way Mach3 wanted it to behave but that was as far as I got.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2016, 10:49:48 AM »
Hi Tweakie,
Thanks for the offer to help. I've been running Mach3 with Windows7 sense I built this diy wooden cnc in 2010. Most of the time it will run fine but once in a while I get the 'error triggered' code. Yesterday I ran for over seven hours and the error code only came up one time. Fortunately it was not in a critical spot and I was able to reset the machine and work coordinates and do a 'Start from here' and continual the cut. I have learned to make a very fine line mark in the center of the work to reset the X & Y zero for the work coordinates. But the coordinates will still be off by a few thousands and it make it hard to do a 'Start from here'. The piece of 3/4" aluminum (12"x48") I was cutting is too big for my table (24"x42") and has to be moved over to make all of the cuts.

Tweakie, Thanks again,

Gene
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2016, 05:27:58 PM »

A strange thing, this morning I was just installing a new file gcode and the 'error triggered' popped up. Go figure.............

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 01:52:03 AM »
The fact that you are getting the error when using Win7 totally destroys my theory.  :'(

On the positive side, nice job withe the Evolution plates and eccentrics.

Tweakie.

EDIT  Perhaps thoroughly check your Gcode to make sure that your post-processor is not inserting some codes which are not properly recognized by Mach3.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:57:09 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 09:15:36 AM »
The fact that you are getting the error when using Win7 totally destroys my theory.  :'(

On the positive side, nice job withe the Evolution plates and eccentrics.

Tweakie.

EDIT  Perhaps thoroughly check your Gcode to make sure that your post-processor is not inserting some codes which are not properly recognized by Mach3.

This is a resend,

Hi Tweakie,
Yes it blew my mind too when I got the 'error' and I wasn't even running gcode at the time. I was installing a new gcode file and
had gone into edit the code and take out the first M6 tool change when the 'error' popped up.
I was hoping that one of the smarty programmers out there would look in the software and see what triggers the 'error triggered' message and
forces Mach3 to reset the 'machine coordinates' to the 'work coordinates'  forces Mach3 to shut down.
There are two other pop-ups that open before I can restart Mach3.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
I am using Mach3 version R3.043.056.

Have you considered upgrading to the last stable Mach3 release (I say stable as the 066 is the one on the website but 062 tends to get recommended because of jogging and probing issues with some motion controllers)
062 is available via the ftp site on the following link:
ftp://anonymous:guest@ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/Mach3Version3.043.062.exe

or you can have a look at the ftp directory here:
ftp://ftp.machsupport.com/Mach3/

I may have missed something here in my speed read of the above, but are you running a motion controller (if so, which one) or parallel port?
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
>>> Error Triggered Mach3 stopped working #2 <<<
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2016, 02:33:31 PM »
I posted 'Error Triggered Mach3 stopped working' but for some reason I can not post a reply to this post anymore.
It keeps tell me that "I have already posted that reply".
I was trying to add some attachments to my post but can't get them to upload and post.

Gene