Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:44:37 AM

Author Topic: Stepper issues  (Read 8255 times)

Re: Stepper issues
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2016, 02:17:14 PM »
Sorry for late response (Well OK very late)
But I couldn't fix the pci faster.

But now I re-installed windows as Windows 7 32-bit.

I also installed mach3 again and with it some drivers for the company port.

And now the PCI com port shows as COM1

And running the driver test it shows "system excellence" or something like that.

But the program still won't work.
And under Diagnostics it won't show any port activity whatever I do.

And yes I have changed the port adress.

Looking forward to future help!
Regards
/Jerry
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2016, 05:00:56 AM »
Hi,
not familiar with the UC100 myself but many hundreds or even thousands of CNCers use it,
so the answer is yes it will work.

If you go that why did you bother with Win7 32 bit? I presume you've done it so you can use
the parallel port and from your description you are making progress, why throw in the towel?

If the Driver test program is reporting good results and yet you have no output then the chances
are that Mach is not communicating with the port. There are a number of possibilities that you can
explore.

First, make sure port#1 is enabled on the  'ports and pins' page and note the port address, it pays to
use the exact hex notation, 0x378 for example. Now use the PCs control panel to view the hex
address or addresses that the PC has assigned to your port or ports. If your PC has a built in port
its address it very commonly 0x378 ie the same as the default in Machs ports and pins. If not
change it to the address your PC has assigned. Think you will have to restart Mach to have it
recognise the change.

What sort of BOB do you have, if it has LEDs on the outputs diagnosing setup problems is much
easier. Basically what you do now is manually toggle a BOB input and see if Machs LEDs on the
diagnostics page reflect your manual inputs. The Estop is commonly assigned to port 1 pin 10.
Can you cause Mach to Estop by operating pin 10 with a piece of wire to 0V (or 5V if idle=low)?
If you can then your well on the way.

Let us know how your getting on.

Craig

'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2016, 11:01:56 PM »
The breakout board in the photo (reply #14) is a 5-axis CNC breakout board sold by StepperOnline. You can download the PDF manual from that site. The manual has the complete "Ports and Pins" settings, pin #'s, setting the Spindle 0-10v , Limit/Home switch setting pin #'s, and a very good pictorial schematic of all the connections.
It will work with a parallel port cable, or the UC100 USB / Parallel device.

I have assembled a 3-axis router package for a client, using the UC300 board (the big brother to the UC100), and followed the PDF manual. Everything works as described. There are some very specific Ports and Pin connections to get it all working correctly, so following the manual is advised.

You will need a 12 or 24 volt source for the 0-10v output for an inverter. It is a very compact, and simple board that works.