Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:03:01 PM

Author Topic: Machine setup help - urgent if possible :)  (Read 12273 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Machine setup help - urgent if possible :)
« on: July 23, 2016, 08:08:28 AM »
Hi all
I'm in the last stages of my Bridgeport conversion but i think something is backwards?

Todays task was hooking up the z axis at last - the final step. I have motion from my CSMIO/IP-A and have done a basic pid tuning on the servo drive.

Limits are working and homing does too.

What i need to know is :- Z++ is at the highest point and all cuts are taken in the negative direction so a 1mm depth of cut will be -1mm yes???

At present the DRO on this axis is backwards - it reads lower as the axis rises.

How do i reverse the Z axis on this setup???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine setup help - urgent if possible :)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 09:04:56 AM »
Config, Homing and Limits, Reversed option.
Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 09:50:20 AM »
Got it, thanks, all going the right way now ;)

Got limits, homing, home offset, safe-z all going now.

Tool-change - have put the original M6 macros back as i don't want to do auto-probing for the Z after a change.

Load some simple code with 2 tool changes in it, run code it says Press cycle start after etc as normal, NOW, at this point I presumed i could jog the bed away to gain room to get the tool in/out??

If i move the bed at all during the M6 as soon as i press cycle start i get the damned ePid fault and Mach goes into reset????

If i just press cycle start on the M6 it works fine.

Anyone have any ideas here - it clearly won't work if i cant jog to get the tool in. :)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 10:02:55 AM »
Never done the Stop Spindle option with IP-A so not sure if it is that or Mach that is your issue.
One thing it may be with the stop spindle option is, the M6End is used with that option, so edit out all the crap in it and see if it helps.

Failing that you could possibly use the auto change option and have something like the following in the M6Start
Code "M5"
Code "G53 G0 Z-5"
While IsMoving()
Wend

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 10:10:45 AM »
Hmm, this is whats currently in M6end...

REM The default script here moves the tool back to m6start if any movement has occured during the tool change..

x = GetToolChangeStart( 0 )
y = GetToolChangeStart( 1 )
z = GetToolChangeStart( 2 )
a = GetToolChangeStart( 3 )
b = GetToolChangeStart( 4 )
c = GetToolChangeStart( 5 )
if(IsSafeZ() = 1) Then
   SafeZ = GetSafeZ()
   if  SafeZ  > z then StraightTraverse x, y,SafeZ, a, b, c
      StraightFeed  x, y,  z  , a, b, c
else
Code"G00 X" & x & "Y" & y
end if

Not clear what all that does, this is all thats in M6Start..

tool = GetSelectedTool()
  SetCurrentTool( tool )

No position stuff ???

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 10:13:59 AM »
It is meant to put the axis back to where it was after a toolchange and jog I think, not sure if it ever worked correctly and often caused issues for people so I usually suggest you comment it all out or delete if you wish.

Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 10:52:43 AM »
Well, still getting nowhere :)

I tried empty M6 macros and no you cant jog once in the M6 routine or it just ePid's out every time, if you do nothing and just press start it works fine.

I then tried cutting up the 2010 macros - removed all the probing stuff, also took out the clearance plane stuff as all i want is to go to Z0 or Z-2 move the Y axis to zero and await a tool change, then go back to where it was and carry on.

Pulled it all apart, saved it and now it goes into tool change but then mach goes into reset on Limit Switch Triggered message although there is no movement!

Will go back and play some more but what does everyone else do when wanting a manual tool change and has a CSMIO fitted?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
Did you try like I suggested and use the Auto toolchange option and alter the M6start macro to do your move, stop spindle etc and wait for Start button?
Hood

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 11:31:47 AM »
Yes, it does not seem to like jogging in the loop?

I have sorted something out though - the reset issue was me being stupidly clever or cleverly stupid ;)

When i ripped the macro apart, i thought i would be smart and re-use the Clearance Plane DRO var as my Z tool change position :)

The mistake was that the clearance plane DRO had +2mm in it and it had to be -2mm to work - the limit switch hit error was Mach being smart i guess and hitting a fake limits switch as it couldn't move to Z2 as all Z moves are negative :)

A short video of 3-axis tests and manual tool change.
https://youtu.be/mJUxtS997MQ

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »
The only time I used Stop/Wait for toolchanges was with the wee lathe and afraid I never jogged as I commanded a move to the toolchange position prior to the tool call, as you do normally with a lathe.

Hood