Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:05:25 AM

Author Topic: Zero Tool not reading allowance  (Read 10563 times)

Re: Zero Tool not reading allowance
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2016, 06:05:14 PM »
Interesting, I'm using 3.043.066 and have had no issues with the Zero probing.  Being somewhat new to this myself, it's the only version I have used.

Regarding your earlier post that showed different readings for each try, is it possible that the offset was correctly set for the previous probe movement and the next one would show the reading in this new offset coordinate value?  Also, are you getting the message "Z axis is now zeroed" on your status line?

Finally, I see Gerry asked you to remove the lines pertaining to the ZProbePos variable and understand the reasoning behind this.  It is something I was not aware of.  However, I have a general coding question for Gerry.  Assuming one DOES use these lines in their code, shouldn't there be a space between the & and the variable name or is VBScript not so particular about that?

In any case, thanks for stepping in with additional help Gerry.  I'm sure we can get this solved for JR.

Stephen "Highspeed" Kruse
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2016, 06:48:42 PM »
One additional thought, you had asked if tool offsets could make a difference.  You could try putting a "G49" into the line with the G31 move.  G49 cancels any tool offset so if you still need those after the zero operation (in my opinion tool offsets and zero tool operations are pretty much mutually exclusive - at least in my limited understanding of these things) then you'll need the macro to account for the current offset and restore it at the end.

Highspeed
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2016, 09:09:30 PM »
Hi Guys,

I downloaded older version of Mach3, but do I have to go through the complete setup again, or how can I transfer all settings from original version?  Delete original version?
Remember, I'm just an ol' cabinetmaker...

I switched mouse and Keyboard to side usb ports and they started working again, but the usb for mach3 motion controller, only worked in the side ports to start with.  
The mouse and Keyboard were in the rear ports, and they are the ones giving me the problem, about every fifth or sixth time I use it?  Could that be hardware or software?
How do I fix it?

I am using an Acer Aspire ZC-700G All in One, 64 bit, new computer, Windows 10, to run Mach3 USB.  The HP I told you about earlier, I use for ArtCam Express.  My Bad.

I appreciate your help,
JR
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 09:59:08 PM »
Back up your .xml file and any screen sets you're using if not the default screen set.  Then after you reinstall, put the .xml file back and start up Mach 3 with that profile.  You should be good to go then.

As for the USB ports, not sure what to do there.  It could be an older (or even newer!) USB protocol and have incompatibility with the specific USB device.  For example, my new laptop has 1 USB 2.0 port and 2 USB 3.0 ports.  Fortunately, I have not found any older equipment that I use that is not compatible with the newer 3.0 ports so I'm ok.  I guess if you can live with it not being connected on the back port and use only the side ports you should be ok.

Highspeed

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 10:01:14 PM »
Just install it right over the version that's installed, and all your settings should remain.

I've seen similar USB keyboard and mouse issues on multiple PC's, and the only thing I can suggest would be a different mouse and keyboard.

Assuming one DOES use these lines in their code, shouldn't there be a space between the & and the variable name or is VBScript not so particular about that?

I don't think it cares if you have a space or not. I prefer to add the spaces and format the code more consistently, which makes it a lot easier to read.

Interesting, I'm using 3.043.066 and have had no issues with the Zero probing.  Being somewhat new to this myself, it's the only version I have used.

Since I sell a screenset which is heavily dependent on auto zero probing, I've seen lot's of people with issues. It really depends on the motion controller and plugin that one is using.

I was 2500 miles from home last week, with spotty internet access, so couldn't read forums too often.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2016, 05:10:15 PM »
Hey Guys,

Praise The Lord !

When I came back out to my machine this am and started it up, I had controll of mouse/keybd. This was good.

I was trying to find out which version of Mach3 that I downloaded, might be running on my original Mach 3 profile, unsuccessful.  So, I decided to delete the
5 lines that Gerry suggested in button script.  It Worked !   I tried to Auto Zero 4 times, it worked perfect.  Life Is Good.

By the way, how do I find which version is now running on my original profile of Mach3?

Still a few bugs to work out, but I want to go out and Auto Zero my Tool a few more times...

Thanks Again, for hanging in there for me,
JR
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2016, 05:58:21 PM »
Hey!  Looks like you're making progress on multiple fronts!  Got the homing working correctly and now this, too.  Congratulations!!!!

To check which version you're running, go to "Help | About Mach3 CNC Controller..." and it'll show you the version right below the "Licensed to:" box.

Highspeed