Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:59:27 AM

Author Topic: MACH4, ESS, C25 smoth stepper terminal board V3.1, AND BL-TB6600-V1.2 problem  (Read 10841 times)

:) once i enabled JP2 on the ESS the motors run
thanks guys for your support

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
good stuff
Armature,

Like I said in Post #3, you are most likely missing the 5V power to the C25 board.  This can be done two ways, either by changing jumpers on the ESS to allow the 5V to flow out LPT1 and LPT2 on the ESS board so the breakout board is powered.  OR, you can wire the power directly to the breakout board.  The last is probably the better way because the ESS is limited by the amount of current it can supply, but in a normal setting there is not much power consumed by the C25, but if you attached items to the C25 that draw power that could add to the load so it is best to just wire the 5V directly to the C25 board as DaZ mentioned as well.

Russ
Armature,
I can not tell from the picture but the C25 board actually needs power, and it can be down two different ways.   If you move the jumps on the ESS to allow the power to flow through P1 and P2 then the C25 does get the required power, you can verify by using a meter between the Ground Terminals and the 5V terminal on the C25 board.  If you forgot to adjust the ESS jumpers to allow that power to flow the motors will not move.  Blockhead also mentioned you need to define the ESTOP, for testing you can just use a wire jumper from ground to the ESTOP pin, i defined mine as P15, you had to declare this inside of MACH4 under inputs.  The second way to provide 5V power to the C25 board is to run the power directly into the GND and 5V terminals.

Russ

Which jumpers on the ESS smoothstepper need to be set?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile

The pin26, 5V jumpers - but it depends on how you are powering the BoB please read the ESS documentation here; http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-ess

Tweakie.
PEACE

The pin26, 5V jumpers - but it depends on how you are powering the BoB please read the ESS documentation here; http://www.warp9td.com/index.php/documentation/doc-ess

Tweakie.

I'm powering the BOB off the Smoothstepper.  I think everything is setup right but I'm having problems configuring Mach4.  I have the latest version of Smoothstepper plugin but the manual is for the earlier version which shows completely different screens than what the latest plugin provides.  So I'm left to guessing which is getting me no where. 

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
I'm powering the BOB off the Smoothstepper.  I think everything is setup right but I'm having problems configuring Mach4.  I have the latest version of Smoothstepper plugin but the manual is for the earlier version which shows completely different screens than what the latest plugin provides.  So I'm left to guessing which is getting me no where.  

The reply given in this thread should answer your question. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,33180.msg230397.html#msg230397

Tweakie.
PEACE