Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:41:44 PM

Author Topic: Msgbox function...  (Read 11120 times)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
Re: Msgbox function...
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 02:18:23 AM »
Yes but without an automatic torch turret with two mounted torches ;) how would it cope with the fact that the torch can be mounted in different positions each time ??

My way keeps me in control but removes the forgetful aspect and automates the setting and verifying stages - a step down from auto but a few steps up from current manual option.

In a mill or lathe with tool-changer it would be like programming the height for tool 1 as 50mm then removing tool 1 and re-seating it in the mount 3mm lower - your tool-talble now has the wrong offset. My auto-manual idea has a built-in tool-setter to get the new tool in the right position each time.

:)

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 09:22:45 AM »
The torch is always mounted exactly the same in teh mount, what changed was the consumables and that gave a different height for each combination that was used.  Those variables were stored in teh tool table so that when A tool # was called you simply used teh variable for that tool to offset teh torch for that particular Material/Cut/consumables combination. I transfered those offsets values into a # var from teh M6 macro so teh TOM was always accurate AND I did not hav eto fool wilth it After it was all setup.

Then IF I cut 3/4 " plate and used a specific combination of consumables teh TOM routine would always run correctly based on Tool# . 3/4 " plate would always be tool#6.   Thin Sheet Goods where I used a finecut setup it was tool#1 ,etc,etc.

You like buttons, I like automation(;-)  I want the machine to work for ME not ME work for it.

BY the way the machine used a Probe setup similar to yours that is why it was important to change teh TOM offset values.

(;-) TP

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 09:39:31 AM »
Ok, you have peaked my interest :)

Care to pull out your notebooks and give a sketch of how the tool-table var was transferred from tool-table to switch offset DRO please ;)

Also, can tools be called from sheet cam, never done this so no idea :)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Ok, I'm a bit denser than I like at times ;)

Does the tool table method work by using a z-offset ?

Just watching a video from Tormach and it seems that way, I just have to work out how it all plays on the plasma :)

Of course I could be a thousand miles away from reality here having never seen the tool table before yesterday ;)

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:41:36 AM »
Thinking out loud...

Dim Offset

Code "G43 H1"       'Apply offset from tool table tool 1
Offset = GetDRO(2)       'Get the offset value from the Z DRO
SetOEMDRO(1045,Offset)    'Move the offset into the switch-offset DRO
something here to negate the effects of implementing Z offsets with G43??  --- G49 ?

That would seem to function in some way I think, basically modifies the switch offset from values in the tool table
Need a way to invoke it and a way to call any tool number

On the right path ??
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:50:15 AM by Davek0974 »

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 10:54:10 AM »
NO you don't want to even TRY using G43 for a Z offset in plasma.  The offset you WILL be using is simply teh amount of offset of the switch VS teh torch head. That value for each combination is just stoerd in teh tool table and called into play at teh Tool change (M6) from there it is called from teh table where it is stored and applied to teh Switch offset variable.

NOW you could do this may ways But teh tool table method worked out well and was very easy to deal with as MOST of teh functions are already in place so you do not have to recreate teh wheel.

I'll drag out teh old notes and give you an example code wise of how it worked.

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »
Brilliant thanks

i was only using the g43 to get the stored value - it was cancelled with g49 after

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:07 AM »
M6start  macro

CurrentTool = SelectedTool

IF CurrentTool = 1 then
   SetVar(1000,GetToolParam(1,1))
   Message("" & GetToolDesc(1)) &"  Offset> " & GetToolParam(1,1)  ' Send the Description to the message bar

In your TOM routine in the  Gcode  You use a #var (#1000) to apply teh switch offset

G28.1 Z.5
G92 Z0.000
G0 Z #1000  ( Move the switch offset distance)
G92 Z0.000  ( reset Z zero)

So now any time you change teh Switch offset and you call teh Tool# it automatically applies teh correct value based on teh tool table value.

AND just a note the message bar is NOT teh average Mach3 unreadabel size it is a FULL 3/4" high and VERY readable by teh OP(;-)  It is NOT a whimpy message bar (;-)

Also IF you have a generic setup that is normally used you can use Tool#0 . Mainly because when Mach3 starts up it always sets teh Tool# to 0.

That way if you go to cut and then is no tool call then it uses teh generic setup value.

If CurrentTool = 0 then
   SetVar(1000, .095)

AND YES you can call tool changes from SheetCam.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 11:29:04 AM by BR549 »

Offline Davek0974

•  2,606 2,606
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »
Brilliant, so it does not use the switch offset at all, but reads the offset direct from the table - neat.

I did not know you could read the table with GetToolParam etc, not learnt that much yet, hence my first attempt was messy and dabbled with offsets etc.

The #var in the G0 Z#1000 is identical to my existing method but a different var.

Stupid question, how do you initiate tool-change if its not in sheetcam?

Thanks for that

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2016, 02:03:40 PM »
You COULD also add in a Screen DRO and change teh #var to be able to update BOTH at teh same time and have an on screen display of teh actual offset used for each setup.

Sheetcam just calls a Gcode Mcode   M6.  It is used along with teh Tword to define which tool  M6T1   would call teh M6start.M1s macro and initiate a tool change.

So IF you need to update something on teh fly you can do it from teh MDI line( M6Txx)  or create a button and a DRO to do it for you(New Button ? ,  did I say that)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:05:51 PM by BR549 »