Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:17 PM

Author Topic: Problems starting up with lazyturn  (Read 16037 times)

Problems starting up with lazyturn
« on: January 26, 2016, 04:55:53 AM »
I am working with mach3 now for two years.
When I tried to use lazyturn I follwed the guidelines but no G code was presented.
The strange thing is that when I followed the example stated in Lazyturn quick and dirty the cilinder showed exactly the same as in the example , the tool was made BUT after filling the rough profile box IT IS NOT SHOWING  atoolpath alongside the length of the cilinder but only at the front end (the facing of the cilinder) so the distance between the yellow and green Arrow.
This means that no metarial is shown to be removed.
What am I doing wrong?

can anybody help me please?

Kind regards,
Andre :-[
Re: Problems starting up with lazyturn
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 06:29:34 PM »
I tried to do the chest figure and it appears now with toolpaths but it remains to postcode.
PLEASE HELP!(Im running in wndows 10)
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 09:03:20 AM »
see attachment 1 of 3
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 09:09:27 AM »
the next one
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 09:12:35 AM »
the last one no postcode!!!!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:31:02 AM »
When you post code the Code Prolog opens and that is where you can add comments / whatever to the code file that will be posted.
If don't want any the leave blank.
When you click Post in that dialog you should get windows dialog so you can pick a place to store the file.

I don't use Windows 10 so can't help you there.

RICH
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 11:09:02 AM »
Rich,

Thank you for your answer, but that is not the problem.
I save the file to a given directory but it is empty so no code is made!(.tap file is 0 bytes)

I saw in te comments that multiple persons has this kind of problem but it was not clear to me how they solved this.
(I openend windows as administrator etc. but nothing helps)

When I import the dxf file in lazycam then a gcode tap file is made but of coarse then all the additional information is lost (toolpaths etc)

Any other suggestions for me what i cab try?

Kind regards,
Andre Roest
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
I saw also that when I made a comment that this was also not implemented in the .tap file (still zero bytes)
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 11:37:13 AM »
Rich,

Is there any possibility that I import the lazyturn layout with toolpaths etc. JUST BEFORE postcoding in lazyturn in lazycam because I can postcode the file then in lazycam itsself to a working tap file

Kind regards,
Andre Roest

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »
Is there any possibility that I import the lazyturn layout with toolpaths etc. JUST BEFORE postcoding in lazyturn in lazycam because I can postcode the file then in lazycam itsself to a working tap file

Not that I am aware of. Two different programs and LT was done to replace LC  lathe module since the tooling in the LC module was never finished.
One can use LC lathe, but it will be a challenge............!
I save the file to a given directory but it is empty so no code is made!(.tap file is 0 bytes)

Did  you select the ToolPaths that you want to generate code for BEFORE posting?

RICH