Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:45:26 PM

Author Topic: Steppers and machine sounds bad, but not when rotating the toolpath  (Read 7838 times)

Re: Steppers and machine sounds bad, but not when rotating the toolpath
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »
Okay just tried on half current, didn't seem to make a difference at all
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 01:04:32 PM »
I took this video to demonstrate. You can't hear all the bad noises but you can tell that something doesn't sound smooth. The first two runs are without rotating the toolpath and the second two are while rotating the toolpath (when I put the camera down)

https://vid.me/6Y0f
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 02:24:06 PM »
A few more shot in the dark suggestions...

What version of mach3 are you using... The recommended one is ....0.62... To replace your existing one id suggest copying your profile XML file to your desktop, deleting the mach3 folder and installing 0.62, then copying your XML file back into the mach3 folder and everything should be back as it was fingers crossed without the problem...

0.62 is available in the m3 ftp site

Have you tried another PC (laptop) or anything... I was going to look into printer ports and the BIOS as I thought that at one time you could select different printer port types in the BIOS... Not sure what mach3 prefers...

Another PC should split the system in two... Same problem... Then its a bob onwards hardware fault... Problem gone it's a PC fault...

Rob
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
Rob

Albert Einstein ― “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 02:34:52 PM »
One to consider, you are not alone (mach4 though)
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,31357.0.html
Rob

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
Okay great, I'll look in the morning when I'm back with the machine.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 08:45:09 PM »
I believe Mach prefers the EPP setting in the BIOS.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 01:27:20 PM »
I'm on 0.66 version. The link you posted doesn't work but I'll have a look for another now.

Unfortunately I don't have another computer with a parallel port so testing with another PC is not really possible.

I'll have a look into the EPP Bios settings
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 01:30:50 PM »
Try this one... Need to go to the ftp downloads tab on the RHS, mid screen, then navigate to mach3
http://www.machsupport.com/software/downloads-updates/
Rob