Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:41:05 PM

Author Topic: Trouble with RESET  (Read 8364 times)

Trouble with RESET
« on: November 11, 2015, 08:01:54 AM »
Using Mach to control a DMC2140.
After startup in E-stop when I hit Reset the motors will twitch either right away or on a jog.
If I hit Reset and then in Galiltools issue an RS and SH (or hit Stop in Mach) I can jog away and run Gcode.
Re: Trouble with RESET
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 05:54:02 AM »
I seem to be getting DP commands in my GalilDebug that sound similar to an issue addressed in the "Problems with losing position" thread.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 12:08:34 AM »
Are you running steppers? 
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:35:18 AM »
I'm using servos.
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 07:37:17 AM »
Here is my GallilDebug file where I

Power up DMC2140
Load Mach3
Hit Reset to get out of E-stop.
Attempt to jog axes.
Send an RS followed by a SH.
Successfully jog axes.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »
Check your MO jumper settings.  In the file, there is a clear SH ACD that should have enabled all of the servos.  Also, check that there is no code on the controller that is disabling the axes.  Like a #AUTO script.

Steve
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 10:22:36 AM »
This is an old machine that I am attempting to reactivate, so I haven't figured out how to access jumpers.  I do notice (in Galil Tools) that after an RS my D motor remains off.
I should mention that the B is slaved to A by the settings burned into the controller, but I have also had it work within Mach. Both scenarios have had the same effect with Reset.

I also have not figured out how to view any #AUTO programming in Galil Tools,

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
There is your problem.  There is nothing that is doing a SH for your B axis.  When you issue a global SH (SH by itself) command, it basically does a SH ABCD thus covering the B axis.  Typically, slaving is done through Mach and not on the Galil controller.  You would map your Galil B axis to a Mach A, B, or C axis and then slave X to the chosen axis.  In short, nothing in the Galil plugin is going to issue a SH for your B axis unless it is mapped to a Mach axis.

Steve
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 01:46:39 PM »
The problem is not with the B axis - it works both when controlled by Mach as a slave or when just not mapped to Mach at all and just allowed to be a Galil slave axis. (Though I could not figure out how to use GA to set the B to 0 like the other axes)

I still haven't figure out how to use Galil tools to see if there is any code on the controller.

I will have limited time to work with this machine until after the new year, so I am wondering whether I might be best off resuming the battle then with Mach4 and the new plug-in?

Jeff

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 02:59:12 PM »
I believe that you will have the battle regardless of Mach3 or Mach4.  Because I think there is some Galil code on that controller (or jumper settings) that is causing the issue.  In other words, something is changing the default state of the controller.  The Galil debug file looks correct.