Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:09:17 PM

Author Topic: Trouble with RESET  (Read 8366 times)

Re: Trouble with RESET
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 10:48:36 PM »
In my attempt to find code that might be on the controller I downloaded a small program to display values of controller parameters. After comparing values when Mach starts and when I issue an RS I noticed the MT values were changing because I had set three of my axes wrong in Galil Configuration - they needed to be set as Servo Reverse.

So now that things seem to be working and I won't have much time to devote to this project until after the new year, should I resume with Mach4?

Thanks for the guidance without your suggestions I would still be fighting the learning curve.

Jeff

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 01:06:47 AM »
Not sure if the Galil plugin for Mach 4 will be done by then.  I'm talking Beta status by then maybe.  But Mach 4 will be a better system in the end.  It is the future.

Steve
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:27 PM »
I am having trouble with my reset also. I am running Mach 3 ver R3.043.066 with the Galil-st.m3p ver 4.6 under Windows 2000. I have servo motors on 3 axes of a Bridgeport mill, and had everything working using a DMC-1750 controller. I had a problem with a short from +15V to -15V on my ICM-1900 board that damaged the 100 pin connector and one trace on the circuit board. I replaced the ICM-1900 and now I only seem to have the X-axis working. The servo motors on Y & Z axis do not move.

I tried another PC using Windows XP and a DMC-1830 controller with the same ICM-1900 board and same motor amplifiers (Copeley) and same servo motors. It has the same version of Mach3 and Galil plugin. All three motors seem to move the correct direction and distance on command. However the reset is odd; on initial reset it responds "Galil Reset complete" and the motors are power on and locked in place. Further clicks of Reset appear OK in the Mach3 window, but the motors do not power down as before (maybe not sending MO on reset?) Also, the DRO's do not respond to the motor movement, either manual or G1 moves. They remain at zero.

Any ideas would be helpful. It is possible I did not set up the plugin correctly, but I see no way to reinstall the plugin without reinstalling Mach3 and starting over.
Bob Butcher