Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:14:20 AM

Author Topic: CSMIO/IP-A retrofit help!  (Read 3543 times)

CSMIO/IP-A retrofit help!
« on: October 19, 2015, 11:18:27 PM »
Hey guys, I have bought a cincinatti milacron 500 that's in the process of being retrofitted. Everything was working fine prior to retrofit.

I have the IP-A Motion controller: http://www.cs-lab.eu/en/upload/pdf/User_Manual_CSMIOIPA_EN.pdf
These Servo Drives: http://www.microcontechnologies.com/Manuals%20files/mxnu4.pdf
and these servos : http://www.driveka.ru/upload/iblock/a31/dutymax%20emsp%20brochure.pdf

The servos and drives are all wired from factory and i haven't had to touch them

I have wired from the encoder outputs on the drives to the CSMIO as per the CSMIO manual.

As for the analog +/-10v signal im not sure where i should be wiring it on the servo drives. On Page 6 of the servo drive manual it gives the pin outs for the signal cabling. The machine had the +/-10v from the (pin 1 of the analog I/O connector) IP-A going to PIN 2 TPRC and the GND (Pin 14 of the analog I/O connector) from the IP-A going to pin 3 COMMON. Is this Correct? I'm not sure why but there's also documentation i believe from CSMIO Saying it should be going to pins 5/6 of the drives.

I have tried both ways to no avail.

When i power the drives with the wiring going to pins 5&6 the servo drives squeal in pulses and drive healthy light illuminates green but the HIGH Ims light comes on the drives.
When connected to T.P.R.C and ground the servos are quiet and drive healthy light is illuminated green.

I follow the CSMIO manual to the motor tuning stage and jogging the drives left or right with the wiring going to the TPRC pin on the drives gives a slight squeal with different pitch jogging either left or right.

I once hit the autotune function on the z axis in the csmio plugin in Mach and the Z moved down to the table and i hit reset on mach and its never moves since.

No limit switches or soft limits are enabled.

is there anything you guys could suggest i could try or i have missed? I would be most grateful for any input on this as im at the point where i've exhausted all ideas..
Re: CSMIO/IP-A retrofit help!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 06:16:38 AM »
Just me thinking out loud, i re read the servo drive manual and think i have the +/-10v input to the servo drive completely wrong. I believe it should be going to pin 7:
(Speed reference noninverting input)

As opposed to pin 2:
TPRC (Test Point Requested Current) is a DC output signal in the range –
10V to +10V proportional to the requested current value. When TPRC is
at +10V or –10V, the Drive generates peak current.
This pin can instead be used as Current Reference Current Reference signal input(negative
for CW rotation, positive for CCW rotation)

As im not generating a current for input and rather just a voltage reference.

I will try this out tomorrow and report back.
Still if anyone wants to chime in and give me their thoughts please do!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 05:12:54 PM »
Looking at pg6 in the servo drive manual I would say you should be using pin 7 and 8 for the analogue inputs to the drive.
Pin 7 will be the 0v connection from IP-A and pin 8 will be the +/- 10v from the IP-A.
So for example for X axis
pin 7 on servo drive would be connected to pin 14 on IP-A
Pin 8 on servo drive would be connected to pin 1 on IP-A

Hood
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 06:43:27 PM »
Thanks very much Hood, It's good to have someone backup my theory. I'll be there in a few hours to wire it that way and report back.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
https://youtu.be/gghNUmlTTJ8

All works now it's wired to the speed reference pins on the servo drives!

I thought the Z servo was shagged because it seemed locked and wouldn't move..  Not realising there was a internal brake in the motor i pulled the motor apart to learn the hard way that there's a  brake. Anyways long story short I energised the brake and all is now well.

Next step tackling the spindle, coolant and ATC.