Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:38:31 AM

Author Topic: ENC threading module  (Read 3291 times)

ENC threading module
« on: November 07, 2015, 02:41:21 PM »
I have a encoder that only has the pin outs for A and Z but the ENC asks for A,B and I from this should I assume that the encoder needs replacing if so will one with the out puts of A,B and Z fill my needs because this is all I can find and if so will the Z out put be my I. Because I have never used or played with encoders there is little understanding of what is needed for this to work.

As a note this is a Denford lathe and they like to do odd things like with the limit switch's  being what they are so I'd not be surprised if I need to replace the encoder

The other one that is doing me is the Inputs to the IP-S for the variable speed control for my inverter what out of +10V, MVI and 0V goes in to what inputs, the over ride pots are working because there was a diagram for me to follow.  One thing I have done right or wrong is that my inverter use's 12V to the switching and so I have run 12V from the inverter to the out put's of the IP-S to power it, the inverter will take external 24V supply for the switching but then I need to use the 0V for grounding and until I can understand how I wire in the varibel speed I cant do this because it uses the 0V as a return to the external power supply.

Hope this is readable and some body can help

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
Re: ENC threading module
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 04:57:24 AM »
What lathe is it?

If you check out my Cyclone build thread on here, you'll find a post about how I was able to solder in the extra wires to get the B signal.

Have you searched over on the Denford forum for wiring diagrams?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 04:41:11 PM »
The lathe is the Mirac with a ATC I would very much like to see your build I have been unable to find your build could you supplie me a link please.

I do have a diagram for the machine but I don't know how to take from it what I need to make this work.

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 06:38:07 PM »
This link should take you to the first of the posts covering the encoder - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,25493.msg181866.html#msg181866

I thought I had a photo of the encoder internals, however I can't find it in my photo collection.

Offline mc

•  382 382
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 06:51:22 PM »
If you've not had any joy with the encoder yet, I just so happened to browse a thread where I'd seen the details of the encoder previously (I knew I'd seen photos somewhere!) - http://www.cnczone.com/forums/benchtop-machines/261754-cnc-post1775234.html#post1775234 should take you to the post containing details for the encoder.