Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:04:19 PM

Author Topic: skipping steps  (Read 15972 times)

skipping steps
« on: May 04, 2007, 06:40:36 PM »
Hi,

Since version 59 I have a problem running big files (>600K). I do not know the reason why but in the middle or after the middle of the program the machine is skipping steps. It is not a mechanical issue as it does on all my machines small or big (I built four machine until now), and it does not matter about acceleration or speed, it is not an issue with the driver as I have changed the drivers - homebuilt and Gecko, it is not an issue about computer as it does it on any computer or laptop I have tried and also the driver test looks OK. The files are made with Vcarve with standard and arcs postprocessor or Sheetcam or Photocarve or Cut3d or Meshcam. I have suspected noise, but if I run small files it does not happen. It is very frustrating as right now I am hoping to start my business in couple months and I am struggling to learn as much as possible to do engravings, Vcarvings, litho, photocarvings, etc and I do not know what is wrong, and I ruined a lot of pieces/material. Is there someone who had or have this problem or I am just alone? Could someone give some help/clue what to try to fix it? Quantum on the same computer did not skip steps. I was thinking about General Config but I do not know all the settings there, so, I can not say if it is OK or not.

Thank you,

Zoltan
Re: skipping steps
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 10:31:47 PM »
Do you have the problem if you turn off the toolpath (on the diagnostics page)?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 02:17:18 AM »
Hi Brian,

Thank you for reply. I did not check yet. I must check, but this means to run a job a couple hours. I will do it. I was thinking about if the motors are not affected by the heat. They run really hot as I setup the current at the their stated current value on all machines, and I was thinking if it is not due to alteration of magnetic qualities and degradation of torque/dynamics. I must check with lower current too.

Zoltan

Hood

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 03:19:40 AM »
I had a similar problem a long time ago with Photo V carve missing a few steps in the middle of a 2hr program. Cant remember what the solution was (if I found one) but will do a search and see if I can find the info.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:26:16 AM »
OK just looked and it seems I didnt really find why or what caused the problem. I installed Mach again and it seemed to cure it but wasnt really sure if that was the real cause. You can see what was happening here http://www.artsoftcontrols.com/forum/index.php?topic=226.0
Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
Thank you, Hood. I suspect that it is something similar as in Quantum I did have this problem until now. I stated  abovethat my problems started with version 59 but I am afraid that I was wrong. I must check, as I have the feeling that it was 49 and not 59. I must chack my jurnal about Mach3. I am planning to reinstal ver 1.84 as it run very well on my machine and had no problems with and run the files again.

Any other opinions?

Thank you,

Zoltan
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 04:49:18 PM »
It seems that my post disapeared. Yes it was version 49 when I had a jittering problem too.

Zoltan
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2007, 03:23:19 PM »
Hi,

Is here someone who run a big file (1M or bigger) on Mach3 ver.68, and do you have problems with skipping steps? I run Quantum, it is OK. I run 1.84 it is OK, I run 2.27 it is OK. I run 2.65 it is skipping steps, I run 2.68 it is skipping steps on the same file. Any ideas?

Zoltan
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »
Hi,

I have no other explanation than it is something wrong with Mach3 ver 68. I installed ver 1.84 run several big files no problem. Two files I tried to run on ver. 68, result = skipped steps, same cnc router, same parameters - motors, pins, etc, same computer, same controller.

Zoltan
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 02:00:46 PM »
Did you test it with the toolpath off?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com