Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:56:00 AM

Author Topic: Help! Dangerous Result With Mach3 And Vista Pendant  (Read 8177 times)

Re: Help! Dangerous Result With Mach3 And Vista Pendant
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2015, 09:19:30 AM »
Your colleague Brett suggested the same thing.

So I cloned the functioning version and installed the Vista plugin. And it now works just like it's supposed to! I have no clue what I did differently on my first attempt and it sure has me scratching my head. But it doesn't do rapids in place of feeds anymore.

I have noticed a new problem that has nothing to do with the pendant. For whatever reason, my A axis now feeds in degrees per minute rather than inches per minute. No matter what value I put in the A axis radius box (in the settings window) the rotary axis seems to move in degrees per minute. The old configuration didn't have this problem. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Many thanks to Rob, Terry and Brett at Artsoft for getting this pendant problem fixed!

Mike

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 09:24:47 AM »
On Config> Toolpath, there's a checkbox to use the radius for feedrate I think.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
Gerry has you cover there, Check that setting.

(;-) TP
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 12:15:56 PM »
That fixed it.

Thanks!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2015, 10:37:40 AM »
Argh! The gremlin is back! I welded several parts successfully using the pendant. Then the feeds became rapids again. I hadn't changed anything. Just loaded another part and hit start. And as soon as I clicked through the M0 stop, it started doing it again.
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
I just got this response from Vista:

Hi Mike,

As said in previous email, this is a Mach3 bug.
From the pendant side, I can send you a modified plugin that disable the function of feedhold, so the start/hold button only has function of start. This will avoid to put the machine in hold position when press the button.

You can assign any one of the F key to feedhold Funtime.

Thanks,
Lee

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2015, 11:44:19 AM »
Here is the latest. I also posted this on the cnc zone forum.

Lee sent the modified plugin, and all has been well for several days now. I hope it stays that way.

I have to wonder though, if Vista is aware of this bug why do they ship pendants with plugins that interact with it in such a dangerous way? Wouldn't it be safer to only ship the modified version?

Mike

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2015, 11:56:17 AM »
Sometimes a bug will ONLY show up IF a certain condition is active. YOU may be the very first to have hit the magic combination to trigger the bug. The trick is being able to replicate the exact condition that causes it. Once teh problem can be identifyed then it is normally easy to fix the bug.

(;-) TP
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2015, 01:16:40 PM »
I wish I could pinpoint it so it could be fixed, but I don't even know whether it resides in the plugin or Mach3.