Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:04:25 AM

Author Topic: Free G76 Macro Helping program for Mach3 Turn  (Read 46946 times)

Re: Free G76 Macro Helping program for Mach3 Turn
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »
ok, got it.  the material size has already been taken care of before threading.  so ill just take the G76 line and try it again.

thanks  :)
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 04:36:07 PM »
#&*$%*$#&%$*#@*@!!!!!!!!!    I just spent time to write up a post and then its all lost from uploading too large files.  so all text is lost!  bummer!!!!

brief description of pics:
1st machine position before cycle start
2nd screen before cycle start
3rd machine position after moving
4th screen after moving has stopped. notice the graphics, the green live is what the machine does. it moves a little then a little jog in and over and then stop.   that's it.
5th the program

any ideas what I should do?
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
more pics
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 04:37:33 PM »
one more
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2016, 04:12:49 AM »
Hmm, can't say much to that. But the G76 line (that's whats my  program is for) is basically independent from the M1076.m1s macro, as it is described in the Mach3_Threading.pdf. Did you try that? And which Mach3 version do you use? The macro basically expands the G76 line into single G0/G1/G32 moves. If you set the test=false line to test=true, then the output is written to ThreadTest.tap so you can check the expanded code.

So please try the original M1076.m1s macro to check if it's an error in the macro.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw it on the bottom of the screen: Threading does not work with the demo version!! You need the full version, otherwise it wouldn't work. That is written in the description of the demo version ...

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:20:13 AM by stephanbrunker »
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 10:05:11 AM »
Stephan,

I was using .066 verison, but I saw in a lot of thread's that an older version for threading works.... so I installed .057.

I never thought about putting the license file back into the installed directory.  youre right, it does say demo at the top of the screen "Mach3 CNC Demo"    I never noticed that.

I will reinstall .066 and then redo the license and xml and everything and try again.

I feel like an idiot, but I guess we all make mistakes once in a while.

thanks.   ill post back what happens.
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
Stephan,

Thank you very much for helping me with my problem. It looks like the only thing wrong was Demo mode!!!!  I feel like such an idiot. I completely forgot about the license file when changing between versions of Mach3.

I am currently running:  3.043.066  and I am using all 4 macros(M1076, M1077, M1078, M1176) that you include with the G76 Thread Helper download.

so far, with only a few thread programs, it works REALLY well.  I don't see any problems yet.  all there is left to do is dial it in and see how good of a thread it makes.

Thanks again.
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
It happens. In Version 0.20 there is a bug if you enter a thread in full inches, like 1 0/0'' . I overlooked there the div/0 problem. I'll fix that in the next version, until then enter like 0 1/1'' ... such things simply does happen.

And that was the idea: Dial the thread to get the G76 line or lines for multiple threads and check how many passes you need. And get a part which is within the tolerance fields because the code aims in the middle of the tolerance so you have maximum error margin.

At my todo list are the trapzeoid threads, but that is not easy. If you have for each pitch a new set of cutters, the mathematics are easy, but it's hard for your lathe. If you want to make more than one pitch with one cutter and simply wide it, that is not so simple ...
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2016, 01:35:27 PM »
Version 0.30 is now online. I have included most of the requests, UNC/UNF/UNEF in Class 3, NPT,NPTF,NPSC,NPSF,NPSM threads and extended the tool tip functionality. Now, you can select rounded or chamfered tool tip and according to the thread, it calculates the minimum and maximum values for the tool tip. Did some bugfixes too. Because I could only spot checking for all the data, take care. Even in my datasheets were some typos and I simply don't know how many bugs are there left to find. If you find some, open a ticket on sourceforge, I'll fix it as soon as I can. I left out the trapeze threads, because you either need a tool for each pitch there or a totally different approach to threading.

Code: [Select]
Changelog
---------

v0.30
-----
- corrected some little bugs in the tolerances for UN.. and R
- big bug: Cut depth for UN_ inside was 1/8 H too deep
- big bug: X start value for Taper was equivalent of 1 pitch wrong
- Diameter for full inches was wrong
- minimum tool radius for outside BSW,BSF
- shifted infeed formula to settings page
- added tooltypes: chamfer or rounded
- added NPSM,NPT,NPTF,NPSC and NPSF threads
- added 3A/3B (fine) tolerances for UN.. threads
- added display of the taper value

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2016, 10:11:52 AM »
Note:

The latest version is v0.30v2

After one downloads the program ( link is the first page of this thread ) open the read me text file for the change log.

RICH