Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:50:48 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 under win10  (Read 100811 times)

Re: Mach3 under win10
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2017, 10:15:25 PM »
Hi,
I must point out that many of those features are production level features. A hobbyist would not need.
Bull*********, the reason I know these things are because I use them....

Craig

Goody for you. You aren't everyone else.  You also are either not a hobbyist or are one with deep pockets. Not everyone has such luxuries as endless amounts of money. Yet a good hobby keeps many people from going insane. Your attitude seems to be to pay up for the fancy stuff or don't play.
Fact is hobbyists do some amazing work especially considering most of the free software out there is a result of multiple hobbyists working together for a common goal.  Community based projects off another perk that many hard-line production software doesn't. And that is flexibility of features. How many times have I seen someone come up with a great idea in a forum and have it end up as a feature in the software.  Many times though I also still have some ideas that were added to production software per my request but that is pretty rare and it was a smaller company way back when. Usually if you want something and it isn't there you are just out of luck or you have to pay some big bucks to have it custom made for you.
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2017, 01:58:54 AM »
Hi omiadhi,
I don't think it will work, plenty of people have tried but none have succeeded to get Mach running a parallel port with ANY 64 bit OS including
Windows 10.

The device in the link will probably work with a printer but Machs 'parallel port' is much more than that. It is the code that runs on the CPU to generate
the pulse streams for the motors. The security features of 64 bit OS prevent the wrinkle that allowed the code to run on 32 bit systems.

The device is cheap enuf, try it...but don't be surprised if it doesn't work.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2017, 02:03:07 AM »
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2017, 02:24:50 AM »
guys could anybody tell where can I buy external motion controller for mach3 need to use in WIN 10  64 bit please
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:14 AM »
Hi,
try page tree of this post.... there is a list...

Craig
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2017, 02:27:56 AM »
Hi,
sorry page three (3) that is.

Craig
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2017, 02:31:16 AM »
Hi omiadhi,
if you decide you like the UC100, and thousands have, just beware that there is a whole bunch of cheap Chinese knock offs on Ebay
at the moment, best but direct from CNCDrive or their US distributor.

Craig
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2017, 10:31:33 PM »
Hi omiadhi,
if you decide you like the UC100, and thousands have, just beware that there is a whole bunch of cheap Chinese knock offs on Ebay
at the moment, best buy direct from CNCDrive or their US distributor.

Craig

I'll second that. The arduino/ramps setup that my first 3dprinter used was made from cheap chinese knockoffs. Their components often do not have the same load ratings or tolerances of the real deal.
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2017, 11:16:00 PM »
Hi,
even worse, as this guy found looks like it upsets maybe a registry entry now he can't even install Mach fresh
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,35683.0.html

Craig