Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 01:04:21 AM

Author Topic: Mach4 / Darwin setup  (Read 20200 times)

Re: Mach4 / Darwin setup
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2015, 10:54:31 PM »
Sorry, I mixed Mach 3 and Darwin nomenclature.  I shold have said check the negate box for all motor step signals and clear it for all motor dir signals.

Your e stop appears to be assigned to input Signal 2.  It should be set to input signal 1.  Then assign that to port 1, pin 10 and enable it.  Clear the enable box for input signal 2.

How are  you doing so far?

Peter
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2015, 11:30:59 PM »
The Chinese directions must be for a different manufacturer,  The pin 2 and 3 on x does not work.  I found a post somewhere that gave me those.  I did have both dir and step set low, per that post, but i just changed the dir back to hi, and it made no difference to m3 both work.  I also have the estop set correctly to input 1 pin 10 and it works.

Now to the wierdness..........
I setup Darwin, and before going to M4 setup, tried setting the charge pump signal 1 to pin 9.  In Darwin, i could use the jog ball to move Z.  It did not matter what motor i selected or how i set the axis's it only moved Z.  I then moved to M4 setup and set output to same as darwin output. I rebooted to make sure it saved the settings......  no movement in M4.  I removed M4 output, rebooted and went back to Darwin setup, and Z no longer moved.  I went to M4 and Z now jogs in M4, with no settings in M4.  Looking at the settings file it still has Output 1 set, so Darwin must control that, not M4......... confused yet, me too.

Bruce

« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2015, 08:25:02 AM »
ok port 1 pin 10 negated - e-stop

motor0 port 1 pin 17 negated - motor0 dir.
       port 1 pin 16 negated - motor0 step.

motor1 port 1 pin 5 negated - motor1 dir
       port 1 pin 4 negated - motor1 step

motor2 port 1 pin 7 negated - motor2 dir
       port 1 pin 6 negated - motor2 step

from what I can tell these settings should work and when you setup Mach4 never check anything as negated that's all done in the Darwin setup only. and you might have to map the enable in Mach4 to something.... maybe on the same port/pin as the e-stop not sure about that. if that's how ya had the ports/pins.... I'm at a loss as to what to try

Dave
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2015, 11:00:11 AM »
Ah, wrong documentation eh?  That's probably not helping. ;D

Any labels, markings, etc. that might help us find the right documentation?  From where did you acquire the router?

BTW, when you set up a charge pump signal, you set a frequency when active.  In my case, I use 1000 Hz.

Peter
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
It was an eBay purchase, and i should have inquired about documentation, but lesson learned, I have none.  I have looked and the docs you mentioned, are the only ones I have found.  They give the idea of what needs to happen anyway.  Homing and Spindle control are next, along with keyboard inputs.

My whole idea was to learn the basics with a simple machine, while i work on building the mills.  So i'm back on the path today.

What do you do with your CNC ?