Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:11:01 PM

Author Topic: Trouble Getting Started  (Read 6792 times)

Trouble Getting Started
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »
Hi.
So I just downloaded the Mach3 VersionR2.00.061.exe and bought the license file.  I've hooked up a stepper and stepper driver, but it seems that I am getting nothing out of the Mach3.  I've issued a simple G1 X1 command, but when I go to the diagnotstics page, none of the Port 1 pins light up.  Its like I'm in permanent dry run mode.  I went through the config of ports and pins and set the port address to 0x378 and enabled port #1.  I only have the X axis enabled with Step Pin# 3 and Dir Pin#2. Step Port and Dir Port are both set at 1.

Does anyone know what the problem would be?  I'm using Microsoft Windows XP Profesional Version 2002 Service Pack 1.

Thanks,
Drew

Hood

Re: Trouble Getting Started
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:17:06 PM »
Have you made sure your Parallel port is actually 378?
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 07:17:52 PM »
Oh also if it is then post your xml file and someone can take a look and see if they can find a prob

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 07:22:55 PM »
Hi, Drew

Under Config, Ports & Pins, Motor Tuning, change the state of "Dir / Step Low Active" to Check mark if X now, some stepper controls are sensitive to this.

If this doesn't help post more info on your stepper control and setup.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:18:57 AM »
What happens if you type G00 X1. ?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 03:21:43 AM »
Have you got the X axis motor turned on in 'motor outputs'?

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 12:04:08 PM »
I've got the X axis motor tuned on in 'motor outputs'.  But the on screen "Port 1 Pins current state" LEDs are still not turning on and off like I think they should during a move command.  I've attached a screen shot of my printer config.  0x378 is the address in the Port Setup and Axis selection Port #1 Port Address.

I'm using a Mechatronics Bi-Polar 2 axis Micro Step Motor Driver.  It is powered up fine and is holding the stepper in position; It is just not recieving step and direction inputs.

Hood

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 01:33:37 PM »
Recheck all of your connections are in the correct places, its easy to mess this up, dont ask ;)
 Also check your parallel port cable is a straight through pin to pin as some are crossover.
Post your xml file and we can have a look at the settings you have in Mach and maybe find somthing wrong.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 02:58:53 PM »
I checked the cable and it is straight through.  I've attached my Mach3Mill.xml file which is under C://Mach3 on my computer.

Thanks for your help.

Hood

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 03:07:10 PM »
Look on the main page, you will see a button called Jog On/Offl, click on it to enable it and see if your motors now move with the jog keys (Left/right arrows for X)
Hood