Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:42:18 AM

Author Topic: plot not showing  (Read 6649 times)

Re: plot not showing
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 06:51:33 AM »
i noticed when i switch from 1024.set to myset. the plot remains.
is this just memory ?
Kenneth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 07:23:58 AM »
Ok, that one you have attached is a lathe screenset, the one you had in the profile was a mill screenset. The difference is in the file extension, .lset as opposed to .set.

If you open a profile with a .set then Mach will think it is a mill and treat it as such, same if you open a profile that has a .lset loaded, Mach will see it as a lathe .

If you try and load a mill type code into a lathe screenset then likely it will not show as the plane is different, and same with the other way around.

Having said that your code seems to be in the XY plane and you did have a .set loaded, so not sure why it did not show, unless the profile originally had a .lset you had just loaded the .set screenset and not restarted Mach, that way Mach would still think it a lathe profile.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2015, 07:26:13 AM »
it IS my set file. i renamed it to lset cause i thought it wasn't letting me send it as a set file.
just rename to myset.set
Kenneth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2015, 07:31:43 AM »
Ok, the reason it would not let you attach is because the forum will only allow an attachment to be used once, thus you had to rename, obviously you are the first person to ever attach a MySet.lset but someone has previously posted a MySet.set :)

In the future all you do is rename the first part, usually I suggest your user name then after that your user name 1, user name 2 etc etc.

I do not see anything wrong with the screensets toolpath view, so not sure why it didnt work previously, hopefully it is fine now.
If not shout back and I will see if I can figure things out.

Hood
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 07:38:22 AM »
nothing has changed. still can't load plot. i use machscreen(1.61a) to make the set file.
would THAT have something to do with this issue ? Thanks
Kenneth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2015, 07:46:18 AM »
It may be, never used MachScreen.
I have just deleted your toolpath and put a new one in its place with screen4, see if this works now, seems to be fine here.

Hood
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
that fixed that THANKS !!!
what do you use to me set files? machscreen maybe outdated.
Kenneth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »
I use the original screen designer for Mach3 that Art did, its Screen4.
Lots of people do not like it but I think the biggest problem is after you choose say a button or a toolpath and then click to place it on the screen, you should press the None Icon, if you do not then each time you click the screen you will add another and that can make things awkward if you do not notice or realise.

Hood
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »
i'm trying screen4 but it keeps freezing. i remember that is why i went to
machscreen. i have 8g of mem. is there something else i need to run this program?
Kenneth

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 08:46:18 AM »
If you are using W7 64 bit  I have found you need to just use the Open Icon rather tan going to File and Open, maybe that is your problem?
Also for saving use the Save Icon rather than File and Save.

Hood