Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:42:58 AM

Author Topic: Mach and External Motion control devices  (Read 17226 times)

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: Mach and External Motion control devices
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 08:39:51 AM »
Brian when they become available I'll send you one.

The importer here is out in China at that factory now.   So it's only a few weeks, I'll get two when available.

Wayne....
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »
Does anyone know if the Galil plugin will work with the Galil 2180 ethernet card.  I ask because it is the older version.

Thanks,

Bill
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 09:17:19 PM »
I "think" it will ...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 09:20:27 PM »
Wayne,
I am started back on the Delta Tau! and I am thinking that I need to buy a Galil to test threading...  after I have that done I think your China card is about top of the list! I like the idea of a nice inexpensive card!

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2007, 02:55:10 AM »
I "think" it will ...

Thanks Brian,
I guess we'll see.  I just bought one and will be trying it in the coming weeks.  I asked the Galil people and they said the only difference was that the 22xx has faster ethernet, but like I said, we'll see.
Bill
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 12:02:38 PM »
I am using the galil 2130...same as 2180, 'cept less axis...it works with mach3...it's on a lathe with amc analog drives, brush servos and 2500 cpr encoders....thanks, Roo Trimble
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 12:59:13 PM »
Roo,
I have been thinking about taking a ride down to work with you on your lathe... what do you think about that? I would like to work with  you to get the extended IO working as well as the threading! There is just so much to do and I know I am not going to have the time that is needed to wire up a test stand :(

Tell me if you think that would work for you?

Thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 01:39:35 PM »
I am using the galil 2130...same as 2180, 'cept less axis...it works with mach3...it's on a lathe with amc analog drives, brush servos and 2500 cpr encoders....thanks, Roo Trimble

Thanks for the info.  I'll let you know how mine goes.
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 10:50:48 PM »
Brian, wow, I am speechless...that would be great...you name the time...my schedule is very flex...
the lathe is ready for software...(all the hardware 'cept hooking up the noids for the turret is done...)
any way that I could help, let me know...room, food, entertainment...you tell me....!

thanks, Roo :)
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »
Okay I think that I should work on getting the data for the threading first :) I will have time in a few weeks (I have OEM stuff that I need to get done as well as LCam Pro that I have to do ). So I will see about getting some info from Galil about how to engage the gearing and we will go from there !

This is going to be fun
Brian

www.machsupport.com