Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:03:02 PM

Author Topic: Mach and External Motion control devices  (Read 17266 times)

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
Re: Mach and External Motion control devices
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2007, 04:34:00 PM »
Wayne,
I am started back on the Delta Tau! and I am thinking that I need to buy a Galil to test threading...  after I have that done I think your China card is about top of the list! I like the idea of a nice inexpensive card!

Brian

I heard yesterday that they intend to have some RS-274 support by end of year, but wonder if they really mean support with Mach?   Have you been talking with them at all?   I am awaiting more information.

What is the current state of functionality of the Galil Plugin?

I saw the posts over the last few days re the dspMC/IP card from Vital.   Although thats not really a cheap controller, I think it is important that all help is given to the guy especially if he's willing to have a go at the pligin himself!

The day we have all these external controllers working with good functionality will be a good day for Mach and those users that like to play or work with the big boys toys ;)

If there's any way I can help I will.  Got a lot of Big Boys toys here ;)

Wayne....
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 09:11:25 PM »
has anybody done any work with the delta tua umac controller using Ethernet or usb. I would like to make a plasma machine and these controllers are common at my work.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2009, 08:53:20 AM »
Both Brian and Art have said, that the Delta Tua Plugin idea is Dead from both of thier perspectives. It would appear that, they where unable to get any kind of support from them, and it was a SOLID mess to use there hardware.

If Both Art and Brian gave up on it, then.............  Well you can always try mabey you can endure more pain.......hehehehehe

scott
fun times