Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:41:57 PM

Author Topic: DDUM5 Breakout Board and fake licence  (Read 7528 times)

DDUM5 Breakout Board and fake licence
« on: October 15, 2014, 10:02:27 AM »
Hi All,

I've recently bought one of these boards for use with my router as it offers many more I/O than the standard printer port and also includes a PWM spindle speed output. With the addition of 2 C/O relays and differential drive for the step/dir it seems the perfect solution. As it's connected via USB it comes with a driver plugin .dll

All well and good. It also comes with a bootleg licence file. >:(

I'm more than happy to purchase a full and valid licence for Mach 3 but wanted to set things up for testing first. However if I install the latest downloaded version of Mach 3 and then the driver file Mach 3 will not run.

It looks very much like the driver will not work without the fake licence file as well.  >:(

Has anyone had any success using this board with a genuine copy of Mach 3? or what else could be wrong?

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: DDUM5 Breakout Board and fake licence
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 01:06:06 PM »
Did you try an older version of Mach3, like 3.42.020 or 3.42.040? What was the version number of the pirated copy?
Different versions of Mach3 can require different versions of plugins. (.dll's).
Or rather, plugins may require specific versions of Mach3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:38 PM »
Hi Gerry, thank you for your reply, I will check the version number tomorrow but I think it's 3.42.066.
I forgot to mention that I did have things working up to a point, G code programs were running ok and my 3 motors set up on the bench were working ok, it all seemed to go wrong after I tried to implement home switches for the 3 axes. Prior to this I saved the latest xml file to avoid the need to re set all the config. Could using this file, which I believe has the licence details in it, be causing the problem?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 02:39:56 PM »
Update.

It looks very much like the makers of the DDUM5 board have also modified the version of Mach 3 they are bundling with the board. A quote from their own web-site

"support software —MACH3 softwareV3.0 higher version;now dont support all kinds of mach3 of Chinese edition correction and  its  derivative software interface way–mach3 software interface by DDUM.DLL (dynamic linking libraryinterface )."

I think this is saying it only works with their modified version of Mach 3.

It's a shame as this board could otherwise be a brilliant solution. Can I suggest a warning be posted somewhere to the effect that this board is not what it appears to be. Don't waste your money on it.

For me it's going in the bin and now looking for a suitable replacement.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
Hi everybody

I'm new at this post and recently I've purchased this board for a gantry cnc mill upgrade, first of all, the cd is empty, I had no way to test this board.

I had an original copy of Mach 3 and I've usin it for years. I can test this board in my gantry router and I'm working on a 3d printer too.

can u send me the dll files?  I've hooked up and ready to make this board run, but with no driver or plugin for it-

can u help me?

thanks and best regards from Spain

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 04:08:59 AM »
Hi  Toesponerse,

I have every sympathy with your predicament but I suggest you contact the supplier you purchased your DDUM5 board from to get the information you require.

It’s a tough decision as it appears you have a genuine Mach3 license but this forum is not really intended to provide backup support for the manufacturer’s of Chinese products which often supply pirated software as well as modified versions of Mach3 together with fake Mach3 licenses.

Tweakie.
PEACE