Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:58:32 PM

Author Topic: computer crashed need HELP!!! transfering data  (Read 5729 times)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
computer crashed need HELP!!! transfering data
« on: April 26, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
Ok I will try to make this short . I purchased a machine from someone and I got the machine home with everything intact. I turned the computer on a couple of times and then the last time I tried it the computer would not get past the starting page . Prior to this it was working  to my knowledge with out any issues . so I try to load everything in and it would not start up. I went to the old owners shop and he looked at the hard drive and he said it was fine . He then backed up my Mach 3 files o a USB jus in case. Now I have another computer ready to use and have loaded te Mach 3 info into the "C" drive. now I power u he machine and it will not ove the machine at all. Is there  something that Iam missing ? I have had this machine for a week now and have been unable to get the darn thing to run.  now I would use the old Hard drive I n the new computer but the wire set up is way different.

So how do I load al of my parameters in to the new computer so it will work ?

soe one please help before I loose my mind . This is killing me . I don't know what else to do

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Re: computer crashed need HELP!!! transfering data
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
Mach doesnt open or it doesnt create movement?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:08:58 PM »
It does not make movement . Also I have an error now on my phase converter

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 09:53:09 AM »
Do you get power for your PC thru 1 of the legs off of the convertor?

Is your copy of Mach licensed (it should work anyway if set up correctly)?

Did you install the last working xml?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 10:34:31 AM »
As far as I am aware it is  licensed to the guy I bought it from. He no longer uses it . XML ? where do I find that?

as far as power  I am not sure . I am def not a computer guy just a cnc programmer

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 10:35:25 AM »
The converter gets power from the 220 on the wall and then a few wires are connected from the controller .

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 07:25:37 PM »
An XML is the profile. It had all of the ports and pins settings contained within.

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
If you copy the entire mach3 folder from the old PC to the new one, it should run the same on the new one. The .xml file with the settings should be in the Mach3 folder.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Learn

•  75 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 04:48:19 AM »
Ok I have both the new. Computer and the old hard drive hooked up and both are set up with the mach 3 . I bought the external box for the hard drive just in case . Now I'm thinking I may need to return that box.   good news is I have been in contact with the original owner who. Built this thing and we arranged for him to come over today and help get this thing going. Now the only thing I can think of is maybe one if the wires that goes from the cnc controller board to the vdf is not hooked up properly and is faulting it out. When I transported the machine to my house we had to disconnect the wires in order for us to transport it. Looking at the set up their are some dated connectors and almost all of the wires are just ran like spaghetti with no real protection. So I ordered some correlated wire cover to ad protection . I will update all of you as soon as I can . Thanks so far for the replies .

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
The original owners will understand the requirements and have you up and running in minutes. It isn't hard after you are familiar with it. That being said, next week I will be posting a total Noob question.