Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 06:01:48 PM

Author Topic: mpv has invalid port and pin settings for the A input. port=3, pin-1 in mach3  (Read 8708 times)

I'm not getting any at the moment but it ain't moving either.

I got ahold of Jeff today, he's going to remote into my comp and find out what I didn't do that I should have. I'll make sure and report back so someone searching might find an answer. lol

Thanks for the help guys
 Here's what happened, from the beginning.

I sent my controller off to Jeff @Soigeneris to get rid of the USB set up and switch to Ethernet. I had random USB errors and I could not solve it at all after trying everything that was suggested. Really started to bring the suck when it would pop up in the middle of a run.

So Jeff sent the box back to me, I installed all the software and hooked it up. Turned it on and nothing. Nada, zilch, zippo. Crap  For me, this is a big deal, I am computer challenged to put it mildly.  I started this thread incase it was something I wasn't getting. It wasn't.

Jeff called me yesterday and remote'd in to my comp and spent a lot of time going through everything. Nothing. Then he asked my about the lights on the back of the control box. I'm like , what lights ? crap, I need a fuse.

I managed to find a 7a pico fuse here in town. I bought 10 of them @ .99 ea.  Got home, went through 4 fuses, every time it blew it was at a different point in assembly. In the end I checked every wire and every connection and never did really find anything. There were a couple a ground and a hot that I thought were looser than they should have been. Paid them some extra time to them and boy howdy, I'm back in business.

Thanks again to Jeff for the help and to those on here that tried to help me as well.

Cliffs; Loose wire popped 7a pico fuse.
Never found loose connection
Not popping anymore fuses
All good in the hood.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Good you got it sorted.

Hood