Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:42:54 AM

Author Topic: mpv has invalid port and pin settings for the A input. port=3, pin-1 in mach3  (Read 8716 times)

I had Jeff @Soigeneris update my control box from USB to Ethernet as I kept getting an error for the smooth steppers and I could not get it fixed.

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH JEFF, I'd just rather not bother him as its the weekend.

I'm getting this error msg....mpv has invalid port and pin settings for the A input. port=3, pin-1

When looking at the ports and pins it does in fact say that for both the in and out. I know thats not right but I have no idea what should it be ?

Estop is port-1, pin-14 fwiw

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Is port 3 set for pins 1-9 as Inputs? If not then you will likely get that message as 1-9 are Outputs by default. You can check by looking at the Config, from Plugin Control menu.
Hood
 Thank you.

Arn't those for servo motor drives ? I'm not using them so I'm pretty sure I don't need them. I turned them off.

Now I get a PWM error. I've tried to change it but it seems to make no difference.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 09:00:16 PM by TCustoms »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
First thing, when you say MPV are you actually meaning MPG? If not what does MPV stand for?

Hood
Should have been MPG,  I have fat fingers. :(

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Ok a MPG is a Manual Pulse Generator, it is used for moving the axes manually.
 If you do not have one connected then go to Config menu then Ports and Pins then Encoder/MPG page and disable the MPG.
Hood
 Yes Sir, as I said above, I turned them off.

I now have a PWM error.
 It was always there I just didn't ask about it at the time so I didn't muddy the waters.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Ah ok thought you meant that turning off the MPG made the PWM error appear.

PWM is a spindle error, how is your spindle set up? What kind of spindle controller are you using?
Hood
 Sorry about the confusion. Its a TAIG mill

Here is a pic of the spindle page. When I press F5 I get the error msg,  PWM

« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 02:16:42 PM by TCustoms »

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
In spindle set up, uncheck PWM, and check step/dir motor, apply, ok. That is how mine is set up. Mine is a Sherline with Homanns speed controller. It will either work or it wont. If it doesnt, change it back and wait for Jeff.
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)