Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:43:33 AM

Author Topic: mpv has invalid port and pin settings for the A input. port=3, pin-1 in mach3  (Read 8676 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
It will depend on the actual spindle controller that you are using as to what the settings will be. Do you know what controller you have?
Hood
This is the controller,  http://www.soigeneris.com/stdr_4c-details.aspx

Unchecking PWM made no difference, I did that yesterday. Thanks though

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
But did you check step/ dir motor?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
But did you check step/ dir motor?

Sure did.
 The spindle still didn't run when I did that and I didn't get any error msg. Who knows.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
Have you run this machine before? Or is this the first time ? Experience with Mach?
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the passengers in the car! :-)
I had run this machine, with USB for the smooth steppers. I kept getting communication errors with the USB so Jeff suggested going to the ethernet.  I shipped him my box and he did the update.
 Not a lot of experience to be honest.

I'm sure its something simple I'm missing.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Would seem your box contains the Gecko G540, have a read of the manual for it to see how to set up the spindle.
Hood

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
I asked that due to the fact when I got my first mill running. I didn't know what MDI was or how to use it. I had no hot keys assigned (didn't know what they were yet). It wast til someone gave me the GCode for a short movement that made my machine move. Just making sure you knew how to use an M3 command.

Offline Fastest1

•  920 920
  • Houston, TX
    • View Profile
What kind of communication errors did you get? Watchdog errors? I noticed during a tool measuring session yesterday, that mine will continue traveling after the key has been pressed. I was able to repeat it a few times. That sucks. Nothing will stop it except the EStop. I thought a key on my keyboard was stuck. Odd.