Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:36:54 AM

Author Topic: XML file - strange happenings  (Read 7748 times)

XML file - strange happenings
« on: March 08, 2007, 09:00:46 PM »
Hello all,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8100 notebook (1Ghz) running Mach3 Ver 2.0.054.  Using my original XML file that I backed up from a previous version, my router runs fine, however, if I open 'Config Motor Tuning' and then close it again, the router no longer runs - jogging does move the motors but at such a fine amount it is hard to detect movement although the DRO's appear to be changing correctly.  Reloading the original backup XML file fixes the problem until I open motor tuning again.  The only entries that look different in the config settings are the Step Pulse and Direction Pulse - if I set these to 3 close the 'Config Motor Tuning' and then open it again these have change to 2? Close and open the motor tuning again and they have reduced to 1 and again and they become 0.  I doubt that this alone is stopping the router from running but I am puzzled why something changes by just opening the config motor tuning and closing it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan
Re: XML file - strange happenings
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 11:33:38 PM »
Post your XML and I will see if I can get that to happen to me... that is odd..
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 12:15:41 AM »
Hi Brian, many thanks for your reply. In the meantime I have copied the XML file to another computer and it works fine.  I also upgraded my original notebook to Windows XP Pro from Windows 2000 and the problem remains which tends to look like harware issue.  I will upload my XML file shortly.  By the way, it is the Step and Direction pluse setting - we need it set to 4 or 5 and everytime I open the motor tuning it drops down one.  If it is under 4 then the motors just give the odd buzz and move vvvveeeerrrrryyyy slowly.

Thanks again for listening.

Alan
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 12:25:49 AM »
Hi Brian,

XML file attached.

Kind regards

Alan
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 08:35:10 PM »
Hello,
I have tested it here ans all is working well :) SO download the newest rev of the software and see if that fixes you...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »
Hi Brian

Just downloaded R2.0.057, however, I still have the problem!  It is not stopping me from running as now I know if I look at the motor tuning page, I have to set the step and dir pulse - no big deal.  Other than that the software is great.  We have just built our own 2400x1200x350 router - up and running within an hour of wiring it up!  The only issue we have to sort out is the homing offset.  Homing works fine, just can't get it to travel off the switches a set distance automatically.

Thanks again for all your help.

Alan
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:55:05 PM »
Try using sherline mode and tell me if that fixes your problem

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 10:57:18 PM »
Hi Brian,

Tried the Sherline mode - made no difference to the software, have not tried it connected to the machine.

Alan
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 11:24:31 PM »
Try it, you will not need any extra time...

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 11:27:40 PM »
OK Brian - I will let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Alan