Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:20:12 AM

Author Topic: Reviving old machine using mach  (Read 31025 times)

Re: Reviving old machine using mach
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Hello

I am also not using any plugin

I want simple serial communication only so please guide me

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2014, 07:22:14 AM »
You are using the Modbus plugin as you have it shown in the .doc you attached.
On Ports and Pins you must have the ModBus Plugin option chosen.
If you untick that then restart Mach you will get the Non-Plugin version.
Hood
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2014, 11:31:01 AM »
ok now i got...  i thought that was just optional and i was not knowing that just clicking that will select that option

I will try now that one

Thanks always

Regards,
devesh vithani
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 04:14:37 AM »
DO i need to take care of any special things? Like use only some addresses? or have to swap word or anything like that?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
The start address you set in Mach is a decimal number, likely your PLC will be Oct and thus you will need to tell Mach the equivalent start address.
If you look in the example I posted in the oter thread you will see I have a start address of 1025 which equates to 2001 in my PLC, similarly the 2048 equates to 4000 in the PLC

Hood
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 09:12:25 PM »
My machine is Horizontal machine. Do i need to set anything in MACH for that? I mean how it will take care at the time of drilling? For vertical machine, axis motion will be different and for horizontal, it will be different

Is there any option for doing that?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2014, 05:25:40 AM »
If I am understandiong your question then your axes will be the same I would think, ie the Z will be the axis that drills, just as it is on a lathe.
The toolpath display however may show incorrectly in relation to orientation and nothing you can do about that except turn your monitor 90 degrees and make a new screenset up to reflect that.
As far as I understand, Mach4 will allow toolpath rotation but Mach4 is not here yet and when it will be no one knows.

Hood
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2014, 07:35:10 AM »
Its ok for display. I am just concerned about operation. Will it be affected? I mean what if my Y axis is going to drill? DO i need to change in setting or just change the names of axis? I have seen some PLANE setting in General configuration. Do i need to change that?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:36 AM »
I do not really know what is normal for a horizontal but generally the axes should be defined as you would a normal mill or lathe or.......
What I mean by that is the axis that machines with regards to the depth would normally be defined as the Z axis. On a mill that is usually the vertical axis which will also be the axis that runs parallel to the spindle. It is the same for a lathe, the Z axis is the one that is parallel to the spindle.

Hood
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2014, 08:52:48 AM »
Ok

I tried once again for modbus and this time without Plugin enabled but it again not working

Here is my setup screen for same

Please help me to make this working