Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:45:11 PM

Author Topic: Reviving old machine using mach  (Read 31037 times)

Re: Reviving old machine using mach
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 11:40:43 AM »
Ok I will check my motor encoder. In existing system, in addtion to motor encoder, there is one more encoder for each axis which will give feedback of motion of that axis. Do i need that encoder here? Do i have to connnect this encoder to the controller?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:07 AM »
Ah Ok that will likely have been the encoder that went back to the original control, so that would be the one you would use for the CSMIO/IP-A assuming it  is suitable.
Hood
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
i have one MPG existing which was connected with old controller

I dont know much about usage of MPG in Mach. Just confused a bit with setting window in Ports and Pins. How should i wire MPG and what is to be set in Mach? Explain me the when i should set in Encoder and when in MPG field

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »
It all depends on what you are using, is it the parallel port or an external controller?
What output does the MPG have?
Encoders are meant for inputting encoders to Mach so that they display in the Encoder DROs. they are only for information and user functions, Mach does not directly act on them. As an example I have a height setter for setting up my tool height offsets. I use the encoder input in Mach to feed the linear scale of the height checker, that way I can enter the height offsets into Machs tool table direct from the tool setter.
 MPG  settings are meant for MPG, ie encoders that are meant to control manual motion of an axis.
Hood
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2014, 12:10:41 PM »
My original machine design has one control box with start stop buttons on that. CAN i do this things using MACH with those Signals? I mean i can start stop JOG machine with MACH from Key Board but is it possible to do same things using Signals - say from terminal or from PLC via modbus

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2014, 03:22:17 PM »
Yes, you can use OEM triggers or Brains or even the macropump.
Hood
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2014, 10:36:22 PM »
Any example or documant available? Sorry if i look dumb but this is first time i am working with mach

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2014, 03:53:07 AM »
For OEM triggers go to Config menu then Ports and Pins then Inputs and set the OEM Trigger  to the  port and pin required then you go to Config menu then System Hotkeys and set the OEM trigger you have just configured to the OEM code for the function you wish it to perform.
OEM code list is in the stick at the top of the forum and can also be found on the wiki.

Hood
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »
Hello

I just tried MODBUS communication with Siemens S7 200 PLC (CPU226)

I used COM port of my PC for communication. I am not able to make communication running. I checked MODBUS data using MODSCAN and its fine in that

PLease find attached screenshot of my configuration and help me to make it running

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2014, 07:01:07 AM »
I dont use the modbus  plugin so really cant help with it I am afraid, I use the standard serial interface for modbus.
Hood