Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:44:34 PM

Author Topic: Reviving old machine using mach  (Read 31107 times)

Re: Reviving old machine using mach
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2014, 02:51:19 PM »
Does all of them work with MACH?

I am just surfing them but found not much details in KFLOP - is it works on MACH?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2014, 02:57:21 PM »
The Kflop paired with the Kanalog can be used with Mach to control analogue amplifiers/drives. You will also likely need to do a bit of scripting if using the Kflop/Kanalog.

If using the CSMIO/IP-A or the DSPMC then it will just be all done in the plugin and Mach config and no coding required for normal setup.

Hood

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2014, 03:06:14 PM »
well DSPMC is 16 channel which i dont need and CSMIO/IP-A is looks good

Any other option for 4 axis + spindle ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2014, 03:11:55 PM »
Some models of Galil are 4 axis but they are expensive new so you would be wanting to look for second hand ones. There are only certain models of Galil that work with Mach so you will need to check on the Galil section of this forum for suitable models.
Hood
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2014, 09:10:08 PM »
Hello

Sorry for asking again. Just want to clarify something. If i can use any converter which can convert step/dir to analog, cant i use PLC for same? I am already using PLC for other work

Just thinking if i can give step signals to PLC and generate analog output from PLC itself

Or can i use this??

http://diycnc.co.uk/html/spindle_2.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:21:05 PM by vithanidevesh »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 02:48:09 AM »
The YAPSC is fed from the parallel port, has encoder feedback and closes the loop to the servo. If your PLC can be fed step/dir signals from the parallel port (not Modbus)  and has feedback and has PID tuning in it then it may work.

No you cant use the diycnc board, it is just a simple step/dir to analogue control, it has no feedback, no PID to close the loop and is simply a means of controlling a spindle that only requires rough commands and no precise positional control.
Hood
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 08:59:21 AM »
Sorry but i am just confused. I thought mach works on open loop only. I am going to use parallel port then where should i connect encoder? And which encoder you are talking about? My motor already have encoder and connected to drive

From where i can get that YAPSC card?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 09:24:39 AM »
Ok Mach itself is Open Loop.
Servos however require closed loop.
If your servo drives are step/dir then the loop is closed in the drive, yours however are either Velocity or Torque mode so the position  loop has to be closed and with Mach that means either something like the YAPSC (low end solution) or in a controller such as the CSMIO/IP-A or DSPMC etc (High end solution)

In your system because you have Velocity or Torque mode drives then the encoder needs to go back to the control, often however the drives themselves need a speed reference and that, in your case would be from the motors encoder. So encoders go from motor to drive then normally the drive will  have Encoder pass through connections so that you can also feed the control with the encoder signals.

So to summarize you need to close the velocity loop in your drives but the position loop needs to be closed at the control, that is why you can not use a simple step/direction to analogue board as there is no way to close the position loop.

Your cheapest option is YAPSC your best option is one of the controllers I mentioned, anything else is wasting your time as you will end up getting nowhere.

I do not know where to get the YAPSC, I saw you tried to contact the guy that designed them, he will be the only source as far as I know.

Hood
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Ok now i understand what you were trying to explain

This means now i have two options. One is to use PLC and do lot of programming for close loop control and second is purchase controller as you suggested

Second option sounds nice - need some guidence fr that also
I checked and found manual is not available in english fir this. Another thing is, what else i need to consider while i am buying (i mean breakout board, etc)?

Thanks for your sound advice

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 10:52:17 AM »
The PLC route would require that you have some form of motion control card in it, usually they are expensive and the resolution would likely be limited as you would have to use the parallel port/

Regarding the CSMIO/IP-A, there is only a connection manual in English but the manual for the CSMIO/IP-S will show you how the normal I/O connect/

Things you would have to check is whether your drives have encoder output connections and that they are suitable for connecting to the CSMIO/IP-A, ie 5v square wave, preferably differential.

You would not require breakout boards with the CSMIO as it has isolation included and comes with the connection boards, but as I said check out the IP-S manual for details of normal I/O

If wanting rigid tapping it would be required you also get the Enc module as well.

Hood