Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:13:44 AM

Author Topic: Need Help. Motors not responding.  (Read 30632 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Need Help. Motors not responding.
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2014, 04:17:00 AM »
Stirling here is a pic of parmon.
;D Very nice.

I think you missed my point a tad. If you click on the diodes that represent outputs then you can toggle all your output pins off. You then toggle each output on in turn and check whether your motors are locked or not (i.e. driver enabled/disabled). That will identify which pins are enables. You then do the process again looking for a step (you'll more likely hear it or feel it than see it). Using this technique eventually you should be able to find out what each pin number does.

FWIW the reason you're getting some (albeit erratic) movement from Max NC mode is that after testing here it appears to chuck out "stuff" on every output pin except 17 so at some point it just randomly happens to enable your board(s) and flip some steps. I don't think there's anything wrong with your system - just that you don't know what pin does what.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:26 AM »
1. Card output volatge needs to be 5v, some are only 3volt and will not work, some are dual voltage and provide for selection
of voltage on the card so read your info on the card. If you use that card run the driver test with it to make sure the signal
quality is ok.

2.I don't know, trace the wire back to the cards and see where it goes as i con't see it in the pictures.

Call the seller and tell them your problem and see what they have to say and ask for info on both controller cards.
Insist on an answer and info nothing else is accpetable.

RICH
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:39 AM »
Ok if I send power to pin 14 than I click on and off pins 2 4 6 I will get a slight tic from the motors but they are all locked.  If I unclick pin 14 (no power) than the motors can be spun by hand and there is no clicking in the motors when  clicking pins 2 4 6.
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2014, 07:30:38 AM »
Rich only thing seller offered me was an exchange for a new machine.  I bought this one new too so not sure what to do. They say this is the cnc 3020t this is the updated version on the first 3020 and that they have never heard of this kind of problem before and also they don't have any manuals. They also suggested rewiring the machine, with a new set of wires. They seem to be convinced that the machine is fine just could be my computer or mach 3 settings. What to do next? IDK

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2014, 08:37:40 AM »
Ok if I send power to pin 14 than I click on and off pins 2 4 6 I will get a slight tic from the motors but they are all locked.  If I unclick pin 14 (no power) than the motors can be spun by hand and there is no clicking in the motors when  clicking pins 2 4 6.

OK..... so you now know pin 14 is your enable and pins 2, 4 and 6 are your step pins. The 2, 4 and 6 agree with what RICH posted earlier so we're getting somewhere. You discussed with Tweakie earlier that your motors weren't "locked" but now we know how to sort that. Enter port 1 pin 14 in enable1 on outputs.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2014, 09:08:25 AM »
Manual i downloaded from the internet, not sure it's what you have, and the controller looks like a different model, so probably the cards are different also.
FWIW

RICH
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:27:33 PM by RICH »

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 09:27:11 AM »
Driver chip info on the 382 board for reference.
RICH

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
Hi RICH - yes I spotted that manual too but didn't download because I don't trust .doc - too easy to spook. Now you've downloaded it - any chance of converting it to .pdf and linking to that instead?

Ian

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 02:28:46 PM »
Ian,
See reply 26...now a pdf.

RICH
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2014, 06:55:49 PM »
Thanks everyone. Rich, Tweakie, and Ian. Ok here's the solution. First off Rich thanks for the pdf of my machine. I uninstalled everything following the pdf I reinstalled mach 3 and reconnected all the cables to my cnc 3020t and than I went to the settings and enabled on output signals port 1 pin 14 active high. Than I went to motor tuning and setup x and y to steps 400, velocity 2000, acceleration 200, step pulse to 10, and direct pulse to 3. Than Z is steps 400, velocity 800, and acceleration 100, step pulse 10 and direct 3. Now it works. Ok rich or anyone now that I've done this can someone please tell me how to cut my first board like setting home position and getting g code and how to set Z clearance and how to cut my first piece. Thanks everyone.