Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:05:45 PM

Author Topic: Entering Data Query Ports and Pins  (Read 4007 times)

Entering Data Query Ports and Pins
« on: January 16, 2014, 06:18:30 AM »
Hello folks, I'm in the process of finishing my EMCO lathe rebuild and have loaded a fresh copy of Machturn... .066 version...onto the computer.

I've kind of run into a small annoyance inputting data in ports and pins. For example, I want to set output 5 to port 1 and pin 8, when I click on the pin or port box, the output 5 box changes to an enable box, instead of staying at output 5.

I then have to close out the ports and pins..reopen it and try again. After a couple attempts, I will finally get it. I've had the same issue helping a friend setup his lathe. One other thing, It appears that at times I have to close Mach and reopen it to save the data inputted.

Has anyone experienced these hiccups ???? Am I doing something wrong????

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Entering Data Query Ports and Pins
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:19 AM »
First thing to say is 066 has issues, especially for a lathe if using Dia mode.

Not sure what you are meaning as if I understand then I have never seen that. Are you saying when you click to enter the pin or port number you get a green tick or red cross appearing in that box?

Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:09:38 PM »
Yep - I get that sometimes - The Signal labels randomly change when you try to set them so your setting (say) Output1 and as soon as you enter the port or pin number the label changes to (say) Enable3. Happens on every version I've ever used. Also the scroll bar disappears sometimes and then the whole dialog scrolls all the way to the bottom all on its lonesome. Only happens on Outputs - never on Inputs. A tip to try: don't double click in a port or pin cell - on mine a double click is sure to cause it to have a hissy fit.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »
Yep - I get that sometimes - The Signal labels randomly change when you try to set them so your setting (say) Output1 and as soon as you enter the port or pin number the label changes to (say) Enable3. Happens on every version I've ever used. Also the scroll bar disappears sometimes and then the whole dialog scrolls all the way to the bottom all on its lonesome. Only happens on Outputs - never on Inputs. A tip to try: don't double click in a port or pin cell - on mine a double click is sure to cause it to have a hissy fit.

That's exactly what is happening!!!!  I'm sure glad it's not this old man's imagination...lol

I noticed that double clicking the cell did some things. there are times when you click on the cell and nothing happens and you have to click again and you get the strange results.. Now I try to sneak up to it and very carefully click on the cell...lol

thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 01:43:56 PM »
I have seen the scrolling but never seen the other issue and I have set up a lot of computers with Mach. I wonder what the common thing is that people have with that issue? I have always used XP, are you guys using a different OS?
Hood
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 02:38:10 PM »
I have seen the scrolling but never seen the other issue and I have set up a lot of computers with Mach. I wonder what the common thing is that people have with that issue? I have always used XP, are you guys using a different OS?
Hood

Hello Hood, I'm using windows 7, but, the same thing happened on my buddy's lathe and he's using XP.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 03:12:45 PM »
Oh well not the OS then, wonder what it could be.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 04:47:07 AM »
a feature

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland