Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:39:06 PM

Author Topic: Z Axis issue with RUN FROM HERE  (Read 2217 times)

Z Axis issue with RUN FROM HERE
« on: December 24, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »
Hello,

I have noticed a problem after I use run from here. I was making an Acrylic tooling plate. The program was stopped to clear the tap drill from melted chips. Then when I went to use Run From Here I received the message stating preparing to move (normal). The Z then starts to raise. I assume this is to clear my .4" clearance or got to the 1" tool start height set by the CAM. The Z will raise to the point of the running out of travel.

I'm using a drill chuck and standard length drill bit which makes the head stock much higher then with other tools. I don't have this problem with shorter tools. I would guess that there is an option or value on how far to Z up.

Any thoughts?

XML attached.

Thank you and Merry Christmas.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Z Axis issue with RUN FROM HERE
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 06:17:49 PM »
You have Safe Z enabled and you have it set to 1 in machine coords. You do not have any home switches set up so not sure if you are homing the machine or not? If you are then you will have to make sure that your Z Axis is homed such that you still have at least 1 inch of travel left upwards as that is where your machine is heading with your safe Z setting. Usually machine zero for Z is 0 as fully up and whatever your travel is for fully down, but that will be a negative value.
Hood
Re: Z Axis issue with RUN FROM HERE
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 09:38:44 PM »
Hah!
I've seen this same thing and wondered why it happened.  Now I know.

Thanks Hood,