Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:53:32 AM

Author Topic: axis zero change  (Read 2126 times)

axis zero change
« on: December 16, 2013, 07:21:30 PM »
i only use this thing in the winter, so it has been off for a while. this time when i cranked her up at least 3 or 4 of my programs come up with the zero in a different spot,,for example. i cut from the tailstock end (+ x) to the headstock (x0)  in the offending programs it cuts from the headstock to the tailstock as if the direction of plus and minus are swapped. run these programs hundreds of times, no problem. load up another program right behind it,,all ok? any ideas?
larry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: axis zero change
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 02:49:40 AM »
You mention a tailstock so I am thinking a lathe, however you say X in relation to the tailstock end so that confuses me. A lathe axis that runs along the bed is the Z axis and the X runs at 90 degrees to the bed.

Can you give more details of your problem, especially the type of machine, also attaching problematic code and your xml may help.
Hood

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:10:26 AM »
larry,
Also highlight,
What CAD and CAM program are you using for the generated code?
Were all the programs generated by the same software?
What Mach version?

RICH

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 05:27:24 AM »
thanks guys for the responses. i have been out of pocket for a while so i didnt respond. hood, yes it has a lathe operation also. i build pool cues. thanks to you too rich.. it seems that just one program wa contaminated and it was a simple tapering program so i just rewrote it, all is well now,,,except  i have another problem, i will make a new post...merry christmas     
larry