Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 04:38:42 AM

Author Topic: spindle going the wrong way  (Read 6954 times)

spindle going the wrong way
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:47:16 PM »
Hi me again i have sorted all the other problems out that i have had  and now what the problem is the spindle going the wrong way round !!!! i am using mack3 and xinfutai vfd‏ inverter i am controling the spindle by this. so when i turn the control knob it gos the wrong way please can someone help before i go mad thanks Tom

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: spindle going the wrong way
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 03:59:30 PM »
Depends how you are actually controlling the VFD but if using a Dir pin then you could change the active state for it in Ports and Pins. If its modbus then I am not sure how it works as I have never set a spindle up via modbus however you should be able to set a parameter in your VFD to give you the opposite rotation.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 05:37:44 PM »
Hi,

If the spindle is rotating the wrong way, you need to swap any two of the three wires connected to the spindle motor.

This a a standard way to reverse the direction of a brushless three phase motor.

Cheers,

Peter
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »
Hi hood thanks for the info but to be honest with you i dont know alot about  modbus i just control it with the control knob on the vdf unit i want to set it up so mack3 can control it but i not sure what to do that thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 03:03:05 AM »
Doh, Peter is correct, I think servo all the time and forget about Induction motors even when I am talking VFD ::)

Hood
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 05:44:21 AM »
Hi Hood i thick that would be might be quicker for me to do that but there is 3 wires that come out of the unit so which ones do i swoop over cos knowing my luck i move the wrong cable and blow the lot up the way my luck going lol thanks Tom

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 01:46:07 PM »
Hi Hood i thick that would be might be quicker for me to do that but there is 3 wires that come out of the unit so which ones do i swoop over cos knowing my luck i move the wrong cable and blow the lot up the way my luck going lol thanks Tom

It doesn't matter. Swap any two of the three motor wires going to the spindle excluding the ground, DO NOT SWAP THE GROUND!!!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 02:27:35 PM »
hi thanks for your help peter/hood all working fine now thanks to you two  :)
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 12:44:16 PM »
I had a computer crash, i was able to save all my .xml and lic.
I loaded mach 3 on the new computer and have it running, but now when i start my progam M03 is going the wrong way. I did not touch anything with the motors or servos, only thing i changed was the computer itself.

Also i cannot feed hold and resume in a program like i could before.