Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:26:15 PM

Author Topic: output signal  (Read 12156 times)

Offline aero

•  11 11
    • View Profile
output signal
« on: September 10, 2013, 09:39:42 AM »
good evening,

I have a small question
What kind of signal comes out from the parallel port when i drive a stepper?...

in other words from the parallel port we take 2 pins out for each axis (one for direction and one for step).. but what kind of signal is that?? i mean to say that direction is ccw how is the output signal like??same for steps to say it should move 200 steps how is the output like??

I need it to know how does the breakout board work
thanks you

regards
Re: output signal
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:45:27 AM »
 :)
This .... from the manual.
Regards,
Russ
 :)

Offline aero

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 02:31:32 PM »
thank you very much it was exactly what i was searching for :) but i still have a query how much does the high logic level last, either for the step and dir pins??

I also have another question..

since my mobo doesn't have an internal parallel port i'm using a pci double parallel port. I use windows 7 ultimate 32 bit, however when i set up mach3 in the section: port adress, I can't find the adress of my parallel ports to insert in the text box..I search them in device manager in com & lpt but when i open my cards property there is no resource tab (I'm actually using both drivers mach3s one and my cards one)... so my questions are:

-should i use the drivers of mach3 for the parallel port or my pcis card driver??
-how can i find the adress for it??
-should it be better

regards and thank you very much

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 04:09:49 PM »
First you install the driver via the cards install program. Then you install the PCI card. At that point the drivers should auto load.

Then go to the device manager and look up the installed addresses for each port.  Place that info in mach3 and away you go.

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline aero

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 04:53:51 PM »
but my problem is that i can't find the adress in device manager because there isn't the resource tab
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 05:03:58 PM »
  how much does the high logic level last, either for the step and dir pins??

The DIR isn't really a pulse, it's constantly ON for one direction, and constantly OFF for the opposite direction.
The STEP pulse width is adjustable in Motor Tuning. There is also Sherline Mode which makes the duration even larger .... iirc.

Offline aero

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
perfect that's good :) thanks... going back to the parallel port?? how can i do i also used getportadress and it says there are no paralle ports connected but I can visualize the lpt2 and lp3 in device manager?? what does it mean?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 07:56:32 PM »
That would seem to indicate the drivers did not install correctly. THere should be one for each port

Delete the drivers and then restart Windows and see IF it loads up correctly.

(;-) TP

Offline aero

•  11 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »
so this means that i should run mach 3 and the parallel port with no drivers installed??

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 10:00:19 AM »
NO I simply indicated to delete the existing drivers and let WINDOWS reinstall them when you restarted windows.

(;-) TP