Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:21:55 AM

Author Topic: Rotational soft limit issue  (Read 2876 times)

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
Rotational soft limit issue
« on: August 08, 2013, 07:49:31 AM »
I've redone the config for my mill.
I started with a clean XML. I can't seem to get the rotational soft limits to be ignored. I had no problems with this in the old XML.
I have "Rot 360 Rollover and Ang Short Rot on G0" checked. I have "Rotational Soft Limits" unchecked. I can increase the the distance in "Homing Limits" but that's not really the solution I'm looking for.
I examined the Rotsoft parameter and it was set to 0.

Any thoughts on this or is it yet another "wait for Mach4 issue".

Thanks
Derek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Rotational soft limit issue
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 03:01:53 AM »
If you attach your xml I will see if I can find a problem.
Are you using 066 version of Mach? It has some issues with Homing and although I have not heard of that one before it could be.
Hood

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:55:40 PM »
Hi Hood
I'm running .056.
My old XML has no issues with this version. This isn't the first time I've had a new XML not perform the same as an old one.

Thanks
Derek

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »
Ok I see you are using an external controller, as far as I know Soft Limits are a function of the external controllers plugin/firmware so likely you will have to contact the manufacturers of the controller. There may be options in your plugin but as I dont have the plugin I cant look to see.
Hood

Offline derek

•  200 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 05:12:16 PM »
Hi Hood

You may be right but I'm almost positive that it wasn't a problem with the old XML. I was using the old XML when I first got it fired up and running with the new motion controller. I went with a virgin XML because I wanted to start with a clean slate. I'll load the old XML tomorrow morning and see what gives.

Thanks
Derek