Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 10:37:09 AM

Author Topic: Anybody got a lead on where I can buy some Neoprene (rubber) sheets??  (Read 6252 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody got a lead on where I can buy some Neoprene (rubber) sheets??
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »

The best part is that I live 5 miles from their east coast warehouse, so I can call it in an pick it up an hour later!
Your a truly blessed man.  :)  I have often wondered if they have a show room or counter. I would love to walk through their warehouse. We have an awesome local hardware that is similar but much smaller. Walking through the rows of bolt bins I'm as happy as women in a mall.

Brett
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 11:14:41 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Anybody got a lead on where I can buy some Neoprene (rubber) sheets??
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »
Brett,
Unfortunately you can't walk through the building looking.  It is however over 600,000 sq. ft. of 36 foot ceilings!  At one time my brothers father in law had a business where he got all the returns from McMaster Carr, two 40 to 53 foot trailers each week.  His place was on my way to work and I'd stop most mornings and he'd let me look through the stuff before anyone else.  I got about 10 Mitutoyo digital calipers for $25 to $35 each, open box but still in the sealed bags! I still have a 4" 6" 8" and 12", gave the others as presents.  I used to buy all kinds of stuff for the shop where I worked, the owner was my best friend.  He was forced out of business by a frivolous lawsuit. He told me that I had gotten so many good deals on all kinds of stuff that he actaully had a profit when he sold off the the shop equipment! I recently pulled out my collection of milling cutters that I got back then, it's a small fortune worth that I paid pennies on the dollar for.

Gary H. Lucas