Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:24:57 AM

Author Topic: Spindle starts on closing Mach  (Read 13634 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle starts on closing Mach
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 04:43:32 PM »
Ok the manual says it converts a step signal to a PWM  but the diagrams are misleading, either that or I am not reading it right.
It says to set the spindle to Step/Dir motor yet the pic shows it set to PWM.
Have you tried it set to Step/Dir motor?
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 05:03:12 PM »
No I have not, because Arturo always said to set it to PWM. I'll try that tomorrow.
Thanks Hood.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 05:18:11 PM »
That is what I just dont follow, the manual seems all mixed up or at least it reads mixed up to me, maybe I just speak/read a different language :D

Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2013, 07:24:40 AM »
Hi,
Have you had a chance to look at my xmxl yet. Is there a problem there?
Mike

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2013, 08:23:02 AM »
Hi Hood,
Here is the email I got from Arturo last week. When I asked him why can't he show me the connections on my vfd's sketch I sent him, well I haven't heard from him since.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 08:24:22 AM »
Never saw anything wrong in the xml, well that depends on how you see things in the manual for the C41, looking at it in the pic you have it similar, if reading the text then it is wrong as it says to set up as a step/dir motor.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »
Basically what Arturo had in pic 2 should work if  the C41 is as he says in the manual but again it shows in pics to set as PWM but in text as Step/Dir. So ...... well I can only suggest you ignore the pic and try the text and see. If it still doesnt work when you connect as per pic 2 then afraid I have no idea.
An option would be to use an external relay to connect the  Fwd and CM and energise the relays coil from Spindle Relays in Mach rather than via the C41.

Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2013, 09:58:14 AM »
Thanks Hood. I'll get back to you on that.
Mike

Offline rdean

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2013, 02:24:21 PM »
Or you could use a charge pump to connect Fwd to CM.

Ray

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:19 PM »
To continue this spindle saga.
What I have done in the last 30 hours. Removed mach3 and all associated programs, Plugins, Brains. Did a clean up and compression of my drive. Loaded Mach3 R 3.043.066 version up, ESS plug in v 10hd2, MPG Brain. Reconfigured Mach. The saved xml didn't load my previous settings up, so I started from scratch. For the spindle, tried step/dir instead of PWM both on the ports/pins spindle set up page and the ESS's page. By the way, I wired the VFD and The C41 the way Arturo insisted I should connect them. The spindle excepts speed commands, and stops on M5, the Relay doesn't click. However, when I exit from Mach it starts up and keeps cycling, the Relay is clicking on/off. When I open Mach the spindle stops. I went back to setting the everything back to PWM, but the same exact thing happens. I'm attaching my wiring diagram, in the hope, that someone takes a careful look at it and tell me if it is wrong. I had Arturo and Hood look at it and they both say it should work. Go figure. I did find a guy on the forum that had similar problems, but I can't find him any more. The most frustrating thing in all this is, that I can't find anybody to send me back my own drawing with the wiring corrected. Is that such a big deal, I ask? Here is hoping someone’ll get me out of this hole. Please, no fancy technical words, just a simple diagram, or explanation.
Mike
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 04:19:54 PM by mvoros »