Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:32:04 PM

Author Topic: Bad parameter  (Read 2292 times)

Bad parameter
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:48:00 AM »
Mach3 is unhappy about a parameter that FeatureCAM generated, which according to it needs to have an =. From looking up parameters to make sure I wasn't messing it up, I have no clue what FeatureCAM thinks is supposed to be happening, but it creates parameters like "#1" "=#1" "$" which bothers Mach3 and will abort loading the NC code. If I remove the parameters from the file the toolpath shows I will be missing features in the cut, that FeatureCAM simulator hits just fine. Any ideas as to why this might be an issue, or how to fix it?

(This was cross posted to FeatureCAM directly, but a collegue pointed out that I should ask here as well, as I'm unsure if this is an error on FeatureCAM or Mach3 side of things.)

Thanks for your time

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Bad parameter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 02:57:49 AM »
I would imagine you need to get a post processor that is suitable for use with Mach.
Hood
Re: Bad parameter
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 03:27:56 AM »
... I feel rather stupid for not having thought of that... I found one that looks to produce much better (albiet longer) g-code, although estimated run time is the same. I'll find out tomorrow when I can get some machine time and load it into Mach3, but this looks to have been the problem.