Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:46:35 AM

Author Topic: mach 3 direction problem  (Read 12801 times)

mach 3 direction problem
« on: July 18, 2013, 11:57:51 AM »
My home is at the bottom left corner, or closest to me left corner.  Here is the issue.  My machine will be homed, then I jog by pressing the right arrow key, the crosshairs move to the left on the display.  I jog to the bottom my corss hairs move to the top.  Its like mach3 thinks my table is all opposite.  I have fiddled with reversing the axes in Homing/limits, and also in the ports and pins and I cant get the cross hairs to move and stay on my material sheet.  Any suggestions?  Seems like a very simple problem but I just cant figure it out.
A little background on what I have
49"x49" table size
Mach 3, Sheetcam, Inkscape
3, 333oz motors on X, Y, 425oz on floating torch z axis.
Ghecko 540, im using the G540 xml
keling 48v 7.3 amp supply.

Maybe someone can tell me how to upload my XML, and maybe you fine people could possibly take a look and see what the deal is.  Any help is appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach 3 direction problem
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
You may have the arrow keys the wrong way in System Hotkeys.
If you go there then press the X++ a box will pop up, press the right arrow, do the same sequence for the rest and you should be sorted.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:37:26 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion.  Lets see if I can explain this a little further.  When your in mach3 and you have the little window top right shows your table in purple and the outline of your table and the cross hairs.  I will home it to bottom left corner.  I will then attempt to jog it from the lower left corner. If I press the right arrow key from the lower left corner where its sitting homed it wants to go left but it cant possibly go that way because its already at the corner of my table. Theres no where for it to go.  This is a plasma cnc set up with a floating torch head.  I hope this makes a little more sense.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 03:39:35 PM »
Ok so if you press the left arrow key on your keyboard  the axis will move right and the crosshair will move right?
Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 03:56:16 PM »
Yes, however if I want to jog up onto the purple space which is my table basically I cant because its already at the physicall end of my table. on the actual table itself.  Think of it like this.  I have the actauly table sitting there in my garge on saw horses.  Mach3 thinks theres another table butted on the lower left corner and wants to run there.  But I cant because the axis are up against my rales and cant go anywhere. check out my simple drawing to help better understand whats going on.
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:58:03 PM »
I could upload my xml for you if you would like.  I just am not exactly sure how to do it.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »
here is my xml
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 04:49:16 PM »
xml

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 05:29:22 PM »
Ok so if it is as I asked then would seem you have the keyboard arrow keys assigned backwards.
Go to Config menu then System Hotkeys. Click X++ button and when the box opens press the right arrow key. Now X-- and press left arrow, do same for the Y etc.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 05:47:53 PM »
Ok, I will giver a go and see if that fixes it.