Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:42:13 AM

Author Topic: Machine movement  (Read 10534 times)

Machine movement
« on: May 25, 2013, 03:40:44 PM »
Need help.  I have been using my Mach 3 cutting plasma and doing fine.

My problem is I just switched to the router and my mill screen is not moving the gantry.

I looked at the config screen, ports and pins and set up the mill screen the same as the plasma and still no go.

Any suggestions?
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Machine movement
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2013, 07:52:25 PM »
attach both xmls and I will see if I can find the problem.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:54 AM »
I knew I could count on you to reply. I will copy them this morning and get them out to you.

I figured out my BobCad problem, there was a debug that was off. How it got that way....who knows.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:33 AM »
Both of the xml files are in this zip file.  The ProCutCNC is the one that works, the Mill file does not. 

The last time I used a router was last ept. and it did work then.  I can not think of anyone that has accessed that file to change it.  I would not even know where to begin to change it.

If you do see something, you will have to let me know how to change/update it and save it.

Thanks again for your help.

Bob.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 11:34:50 AM »
Ok your pins for axes are different, I take it this is working the same machine just different profiles?
Anyway in the plasma X is Step and Dir 2,3. y 4,5, z 6,7 a 8,9
in the mill it is 2, 6  3,7  4,8  5,9
Also you have port 2 enabled in Plasma but not in Mill and you have different addresses for port 2.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
No,  in mill it does not move at all.  Do I go into Pins & Ports to change these.

I did go into there yesterday and changed them all to the same as the plasma and still did not work.  I did not change anything back to make it read different today.

If I do not go into Ports and Pins, where di I change this>

You seem to have a lot of knowledge about this stuff, I have seen many of your replies. How long have you been doing this and what is it that you do? Do you have a shop, are you a Mach rep/tec or just smart?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
Ok just to be clear, this is the same machine you are controlling but just using different profiles?

Yes you change in ports and pins, the two xml's you attached have a few different settings but the most important ones are the ones noted above.

I have been using Mach for about 5 or 6 years I suppose and  I am none of the above, especially the last :)
Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2013, 04:25:45 PM »
Thanks. I will let you know how it comes out.........And yes, it is one machine.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2013, 05:37:36 AM »
Hi Robert,

You need to disregard Hood’s modesty – he is more than smart, if fact genius comes to mind.  ;D

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2013, 05:54:09 AM »
if fact genius comes to mind.  ;D

Tweakie.

Your spelling is not too great Tweakie, you put an U instead of an A and also missed out the last S :)
Hood