Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 02:30:05 AM

Author Topic: Machine movement  (Read 10491 times)

Re: Machine movement
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
It is the same machine.

I did some tests today and  started with the Mill screen and the feed speed and plunge speed were not as posted. For kicks I ran the Plasma screen and the feed speed and plunge speed worked fine. Makes you wonder.

I have to thank you guys for the solid advice and help.
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2013, 05:43:31 PM »
Are there any real differences in the machine when running as plasma or mill?
If not then the easy thing to do would just be to copy your plasma xml to the desktop, rename it to whatever you want for the mill then place back in the Mach3 folder.
But if that is the case then why use two different profiles? Must be some differences?
Hood
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
The most noticeable is the sound of the motors and the Z plunge depth is not right in Mill.  The Plasma screen has a torch and THC button and Mill does not. But is I can use it, for the time being, I don't have a problem with it.

I do have some cutting to do this week so I will be using the Plasma screen for the router.

If you look up my web site, RobertFountaine.com, you will get an idea of what I have been doing.

The first time I turned on my machine was in Aug. 2012. I started totally green, as I have no metal, cad, design or any other related talents in this industry.

I have learned a lot and have much more to learn.  I do keep all the helpful advice I get from you, so I hope I will at least never repeat these steps in my learning curve.

Many thanks again, let me know what you think about my web site.

Bob
Only one way to Get-er-Done......Do-er-Right!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 02:50:22 AM »
You can easily change screensets in a profile or if as I mentioned above you made a new profile. Just go to view menu then load screen and you can then choose the one to use. The screenset can actually make quite a difference to the actual profile, mill plasma etc are basically all the same but if you load a lathe screenset into a mill profile it sets the defaults for a lathe and vice versa.
Hood