Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:52:12 AM

Author Topic: SERIOUS jog problem!  (Read 17958 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: SERIOUS jog problem!
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2013, 08:56:16 PM »
Hood, I did what you said and still get the runaway. Bear with me here, I'll break your machine too, I just need to get the instructions right. I was incorrect on the key press sequence (oops).
You need to.....hold arrow key, then hold ctrl, then release arrow key. Tadaaaa!!!
At any rate, I bet that Brett is getting ready to squash this bug.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 02:52:47 AM »
Yes that does it.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 11:05:02 AM »
I have just tested it with the PP as the controller and it doesnt do it so looks like SS/ESS issue.
Hood
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »
So just to chime in here. I reported a problem with Shift and arrow keys on a different motion control board, and now you are telling me that the same kind of problem exists with the CTRL key on the smooth stepper that arrived today?  DOH!!!!  Any chance the fix for the Smooth Stepper will also fix my problem?

The smooth stepper board looks very nice! A big +5 just for having large mounting holes!  A -5 for the vendor Automation Technologies for shipping a board without even a single sheet of documentation!  Hey guys, how about crumpling up the documentation and using it for packaging materials? I think I will pay you by check next time.  Only I won't bother signing it.

Gary H. Lucas

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 10:29:26 PM »
Yes Gary, it will be the same in the SS for now.  We are weighing our options on how best to address it now.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
I would be willing to bet if you didn't bother signing the check, they wouldn't bother shipping the product. Yeah I suppose they could add a manual with the shipment, but then it would only be fair to bump up the price to cover the printing cost, and the time to get it printed, etc... Then they would constantly be having to print revised copies because who wants an out of date manual. I will just take the board, and get the latest software on the website. Support is free, too. Can't really ask for more than that. Honestly, when I get a piece of hardware, no matter what it is, the CD almost always never gets opened. First order of business is to go to the website and get latest drivers. I'll keep the bare bones, and minimal price, please. I completely know where your coming from though. It may seem like they are cheaping out, and don't really care after they have your money. i can assure you that is not the case.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 02:54:48 AM »
Any chance the fix for the Smooth Stepper will also fix my problem?
Gary, if the ESS/SS plugin gets fixed, assuming it is the problem (looks likely from my tests) then it will fix the SS/ESS but it would do nothing for your other board. To get that fixed it would require the makers of them to address the problem in their plugin.
Hood
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2013, 01:45:55 PM »
Sam,
I don't buy the whole out of date and printing cost argument. I had a product of my own 20 years ago and bought a laser printer back then just to print the manuals from the latest WordPerfect file. Producing a manual forces you to think about how your product actually works and reduces your support costs because you can politely say that is covered in the manual. Please have a look and tell me how we could make it clearer.

Gary H. Lucas
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
Yes Gary, it will be the same in the SS for now.  We are weighing our options on how best to address it now.

Brett

Brett,
Are you associated with Mach3 or Warp9?

Gary H. Lucas

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2013, 01:58:15 PM »
Gary, I work for Newfangled Solutions which are the owners of Mach3.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!