Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:35:28 AM

Author Topic: Still confuse about Mach3  (Read 21695 times)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Re: Still confuse about Mach3
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
HI RICH, I already check the mach3 Distance mode and it is on Absolute already so why it give me a G91 code when I post Gcodes from LC.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 07:57:35 AM »
Attached is a file of a simple square. Import the file into LC, clean it, and then post to Mach.

Post the code that was generated.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 09:45:07 PM »
Hi RICH, I imported the file to LC then to mach3 and it give me the same G91. check the PDF file .

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 12:40:22 AM »
In LC under SetUp>Posting Options> uncheck Incremental IJ's

Checking the incremental Ij's will give you a G91.1, G90.1 when unchecked, but there are no arc's and the code is absolute
in the file you posted.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:53 PM »
Hi RICH, I uncheck the IJ's on LC and it works, now im getting the G90 code.
My personal Laptop its  not working so for now Im using this PC for personal use, ( I got this PC for my machine only Windows XP), My question is . After setting all the softlimits on my machine it be ok to disconnect all the motor cables (X,Y,Z) so I can bring the PC inside cause machine it in garage or I going need to set softlimits every time I connect  back to the motors.

thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 07:38:15 AM »
With switches you have a repeatable independant means of locating home and restricting axis travel. With soft lmits you are assuming that nothing happened to move an axis while the machine is not hooked  up to the controller.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2013, 10:05:43 AM »
Hi RICH, I still having problems with LC,  Cant make the Offset and pocketes to come out right even if I go steo by step like the manual said,I might be dowing something wrong with drawing.
When I make the drawing should  I draw  just the shape of the part or I should draw the rough plate and the shap of the part I want to machine?
But for now I can post the sample drawing and get the basic Gcode and from there I can finish the rest.Im rememeber little at the time on how to write the Gcode programs so I can try it maching. still waiting for my driver.

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 07:02:27 AM »
When I make the drawing should  I draw  just the shape of the part or I should draw the rough plate and the shap of the part I want to machine?
To create an offset you need a profile of what your going to offset. If you want to pocket then you will need both the profile and something else to define the oustide or inside boundry. The boundry can be the rough plate or something larger.

Cant make the Offset and pocketes to come out right

I would need to know what you are trying to do and how you are going about doing it to help.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 01:48:18 PM »
Hi RICH. Im trying to make an Aluminum bracket using a 4"X4.25"X 1/2" thick pice. I would drill a 2-3/4" center hole first. (I normally make 15-20 pices at the time by hand).
I was planning to machine the center hole on all of them  first to 3.020" . Normally I use a roughing end mill  to 2.990" then finish pass with regular end mill.
Then machine the out side. same thing using the roughing end mill and have about .030" for the regular end mill.
I'll do all the insides first then all the outsides.
When I try to do the pokets I get a poket area on center and its square area instead of been round even if I try to poket the outside still getting the square poket area on center so Im not sure what Im doing wrong. Im going to attacha drawing of the part. Hope you can open it and let me know whats the best way to machine and what iIm doing wrong.
Finally I got my driver so I be trying it hope it works now. what Im going to do for now its have the basic drawing on LC them import it to Mach3 to get the Gcodes from there I can change-modified the program the way I want the part to be cut, but stillI want to leardn how to use LC the right way.

thank you

Jaime

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 01:50:18 PM »
Forgot to tell you the bracket its 3.5" on base, 3.250" long, outside circle 4" and inside circle 3"