Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:44:13 PM

Author Topic: Still confuse about Mach3  (Read 21711 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Still confuse about Mach3
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:32 AM »
Jaime,
After importing the DXF you should CLEAN the file. The manual talks about hw to change the pathng  / cutting direction and also starting location so no need to draw in some particular order.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2013, 10:54:32 PM »
Hi RICH, Im reading the manual and doing the LC at same time.  finally I got my drawing going in order the way I want to be cut.I did the tool set up. I did the Offset as well, and I can see the offset line outside the part. so im getting there slowly. the only thing stilln need to change its where its start.  I can see the tool its position on (0,0)  bottom left corner but when it go to the rapid it moves all the way to the other side, how I change it to make start machining  on the bottom left corner of the part. I'll keep readding hope I can find it. Also I dont know what I did  but first time I try it  it was showing one pass (1/2" deep) thats the  way I want  but then  it shows multiple passes . Well thing it going to be lot of reading  before I get everything rigth . but as soon as I learn its going to be so easy.

Thak you for all your help

Jaime
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2013, 02:34:56 AM »
Gcode programming info which may be helpfull.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,24580.msg173809.html#msg173809

RICH

Thanks RICH, I'm in the process of learning, I'd missed that one.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2013, 05:57:07 AM »
To change the rapid start point see Tutorial #7 section 2.1 ( page 110 ).
You just put the mouse pointer on the direction indicator and drag it to a new location.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:39 PM »
Hi RICH. I been reading all the LC manual, now I have better idea of how it works.For what I practice with a simple drawing and have readed.
There is a way to make cut from the side of the part instead of from the top down.
When I do all the settings I can see it cuts around the contour of the part from top then start going doun with each step. Its there a way to set  so it start cutting from the side of the part. If I have a 4" square  and I want to make a 3" circle,, material .500 thick.  How can I set the settings so it star cutting from the side cutting the hole thicknes .500 but only .050 per pass till get to the 3" circle. Its there a way?
Also If I use a roughing end mill, how I do so it left about .020" for final pass later with regular end mill?
It is possible to do that or I still comfuse  cause still thinking how I do the parts at work with CNC lathe.

thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2013, 12:18:48 AM »
 Create a drawing with a 3" cirlce in the  center of the 4"square. Create a pocket ( you need the pro version to do this) based on a created tool.
This will machine all the stock from the squareto the circle.
You can also just select the circle and do offsets based on a rough and finishing tool. Also you can add lead in / lead outs.

Continue readng the manual............. ;)

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
Thank you, RICH. I try that now.  I was going to ask you about the lead in  and lead out. Sorry I dont know what they taltking about. What is a lead? how it works? Im reading little evrey day and trying on LC.  Still wating on my replacement driver, it should get here next week so I can try to run my machine to see how it works  and run few test program on top of the parts.

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2013, 09:22:06 PM »
Lead in / out are pre-cutting moves, thus  the tool approaches the piece in a particular manner prior to actual cutting.
They are  covered in the manual.

RICH

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2013, 10:39:14 PM »
Hi RICH, When I post the Gcode from LC to mach3 it come out in Incremental. How I do , where I can change  so it come out in Absolute. I know its a way I can see it on the LC manual , but been looking for it  and I cant finr it on LC nor mcah3. Its on LC manual page 57. let mem keep looking.

Thank you

Jaime

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2013, 07:09:16 AM »
In Mach General Logic Configuration>Distance Mode, select Absolute.

RICH