Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:31:06 PM

Author Topic: Problem with Run From Here in R3.043.066  (Read 7212 times)

Problem with Run From Here in R3.043.066
« on: May 08, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »
I am having a problem with Run From Here in R3.043.066.  I had an very old version of Mach and I recently moved to the current one.  I use Run From Here with almost every cut I do and I cut a lot of acrylic and plywood.  Today I had problems with Run From Here.  I moved to a position and when pushed Cycle Start, the machine when to the right code but when I clicked Cycle Start afte it moved to went to the home position and cut on it way there.  Also I noticed that after code went to the top of the file.  It never did that before.  In the past it would stay at the location I want to run from.

Have there been changes to this code?

I will be happy to provide additional details.

Thanks 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem with Run From Here in R3.043.066
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 03:04:56 AM »
please attach your xml and I will have a look.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 03:22:28 AM »
I can send my xlm, I first thought you wanted the file.  I will have to send it later because I don't have a copy at home, it is at my shop.  I will send later today.  Thanks

One of my question I have has Run From Here been changed?  In the older version I have when I did a RFH, the screen never showed the start of the file.  When you high lighted the line number of where you wanted to start, click on Cycle Start, the machine would move to the new location and the cursor in the gcode window remained at the same line number. Then when I hit CS, it started to process the line that I picked to RFH.

Now when I hit CS the first time, the machine moves to the RFH location but the gcode window and the cursor are at the top of the file.  When I hit CS again, it starts cutting but jumps to the RFH line of code that I picked.  It never worked this way in the older version and I do not like this.  

On the file I first had problems it seemed to happen at the same line number.

I also cut another file and the same thing with the showing the top of the file but it cut correctly.

Tell me if you can still help if I send only part of the file?

Thanks for looking at this.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:24:40 AM by SailFl »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 03:27:34 AM »
It is your xml file I require so that I can test and hopefully find out what your problem is.
The xml file is the file that holds all of your mach settings, it is located in the main Mach3 folder and has the name of the Mach profile you are using.
If you open Mach and look lower right of the main screen you will see what profile you are using, close Mach and go to the Mach folder and look for a file of that name with a xml file extension. Copy it to your desktop and rename it to SailFl.xml and use the additinal options button on the reply page to attach it.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 03:45:18 AM »
Hood,

As I mentioned, I was thinking you wanted to look at the gcode.  I caught that and modified the file.  I will send the xlm file later today.

Thanks you for you assistance.
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2013, 04:27:55 PM »
Hood

Here is the xml.  I had a problem today again so I went back to the old version of Mach.  I use the same xml file for both versions.

Thank you for looking at this.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 04:44:56 PM »
Ok the xml looks fine, I wanted to check that out and make sure it runs as it should.
Anyway here is the procedure to do a Run From Here.

Click the Code window and scroll (with mouse wheel or slider at side of window) until you get to the line you wish to start from.

Click the Run From Here button.

Mach should run through the code and you should then get a message flashing in the Status bar telling you to press cycle start.
A pop up box will appear telling you where Mach will move to and ask you to OK it. You can also start the spindle from there as well but be aware unless you already have a spindle speed value set in the DRO it will not run, so it is important to have at least entered a value there or to have previously started and stopped the spindle or start your RFH just before a spindle call.

You click Ok and Mach moves, once it gets there you then press cycle start again and that is it done.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 04:51:40 PM »
Yes that is the correct procedure and that is what I do.  Normally in the code window, it does not go back to the top of the file but that is what is happening and then it head to the home coordinates.  It happened again today.

When I returned to my previous version of Mach, it worked perfectly.  That is why I suggested there is a problem with R3.043.066.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »
There could well be an issue with 066 version. I know of quite a few problems with it and this could well just be another. I usually recommend uising an older version, anything from 056 up to 062 seems to work reasonably well.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 04:58:47 PM »
I am using Screen 2010 could that be creating a problem?  I will try 062 and see if I have the same problem.