Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:24:34 AM

Author Topic: My retrofit nightmare  (Read 28449 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: My retrofit nightmare
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:58 AM »
Ok will have a look when I get time later today.

Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
 :-[I misspelled the name of  my vector program. It is DraftSight. :-[

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2013, 06:51:29 AM »
Ok will have to try and look tonight if I get a chance, kind of busy at the moment :(
I did look at the C22 and it shows how to wire the E-Stop but I will check it out more thoroughly.
Can you tell me whether the pendants E-Stop switch is one or two pole and whether the pole/poles are NC or NO.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2013, 07:31:12 AM »
Hood,
I have no idea, but these are the only information's I have of the MPG. Hope you can find out from them.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »
Ok it is just a single pole switch. I will have a proper look over the C22 wiring manual tohnight and draw up a quick sketch of wiring for the E-Stop.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2013, 05:46:12 PM »
Ok no drawing but I will explain how I would connect and hopefully it will help you, if you dont understand ask I will try and be clearer.

Your E-Stop on your pendant is single pole Normally Closed so that will wire into the C22 as per its manual.

Now when you hit the E-Stop on the Pendant it takes the power away from the relay on the C22.
 So if you connect the common terminal of the relay to 5v you can then connect the Normally Open contact of the relay to your breakout board Input and then configure that as the E-Stop in Mach.
In addition to that you can take the Normally Closed terminal from the relay and put it into each of your stepper drives Enable +. You then connect the Enable - of each drive to 0v (Gnd) of your BOB.

What will happen is, when the Pendants E-Stop is pushed it cuts the power to the relay so the Normally Open contact Opens and that signals an E-Stop to Mach. At the same time the Normally Closed contact on the relay closes and that then puts a signal into the drives enables which actually disables them, so you have the E-Stop taking the drives enable away as well as informing Mach of an E-Stop situation.

Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 07:05:11 AM »
Thanks Hood,
I"ll try to understand all that, it is clear enough, but for now it is a waiting game. I still don't have the replacement boards. It is Victoria day long weekend here in Canada, I think it is the same for you also, so have a nice weekend.
Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2013, 02:27:59 PM »
No holiday here, there was one a week or so back, not that I take Holidays, dont work hard enough to need them ;D

You will notice I never mentioned the second E-Stop switch, you can put that in the circuit if you wish but from what you said previously you dont really have good access to it so maybe best just leaving it wired as is and just use a a main kill switch.
Hood

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 08:38:27 AM »
What is wrong with this forum Hood? I'm trying to send you a reply, first it times out, than the 6MB file is too large, than when I compress it, it says it's been sent already, rename it. When I do that it says it's been sent already, re submit it. When I do that, it says this message has been sent already. I'm very frustrated.
Mike

Offline mvoros

•  141 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
Hi Hood,
I am trying to send it again.

I'll get back to the MPG issue a bit later. But for now, I would like to get the Mach3 configurations going. At least to get the ports & pins assigned according the wiring diagram. I'm attaching a DXF vector file of the C25 as the wiring is done. I broke Arturo's drawing up, so I don't get confused with all those lines. I'm a bit at loss as to how to assign the ports and pins, since everything is on port one. Is it possible that you could give me a basic XML file to get me going, based on this wiring?
Mike