Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:01:12 PM

Author Topic: Im new to the Mach3 program  (Read 15486 times)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
Im new to the Mach3 program
« on: April 27, 2013, 09:45:20 PM »
Hi,  My name  Jaime  from Fresno Ca. Im new to the Mach3 program.   I been buying parts for my bench top mill (motors, drives etc.) after 3 months finally I was able to wire it every thing.  I download the mach3 program and I did the initial set up with the video all the way to motor tuning and it was suppose to be enough to see the motors runing or move.  My problem its that they dont move at all. they get energize (X,Y,Z) but dont move when  I press the up or down arrow like the video said. I watched the video 5 times to see if I did something wrong  on the set up  of pins and ports but they look ok. Also I double check all the wires on  drivers and breakout board and they look ok as well . One thing I notice its that one of the motors vibrate Little some times, also when I press the up or down arrow only the Y numbers move .  How I  make X or Z numbers move as well on mach3 screen.  

Thank you in advance for you help

Jaime

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Im new to the Mach3 program
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
Hi Jaime - welcome

Can you post your xml please. Same name as your profile at bottom right of the main screen but with a .xml extension. You'll find it in C:\Mach3. Copy it to your desktop, change it's name to Jaime.xml and use the attachments button below your reply.

BTW - to jog X and Z use left/right arrow keys and Page Up/Down.

Ian

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
Just wanted to clarify something for you Jaime, when you're in the motor tuning operation, the up and down arrows are used for all axis for testing (like the video says), but only in the motor tuning operation.

This changes when you get back to the regular mach 3 screen.

As Ian pointed out:

Z axis = page up and down keys.

X axis = left and right arrow buttons.

Y axis = up and down arrow buttons.

Just trying to help,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
Thanks Dave - I may have misunderstood the issue there.

Ian

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 03:43:28 PM »
Thank you Ian and Dave for you quick responce. I try that tonight  when I get home. The other problem I have its that when on motor tuning my motors doesnt move at all when I press the up or down arrow. they get energize (lock up position) but not movement.I check setting and wires about 5 times they look ok. do you have any ideas  or can you tell me what else to check or i did wrong causing my motors not to move. I try them again tonight when I get home.

thank you

Jaime

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2013, 03:50:11 PM »
Hi, Jaime,

Are you absolutely sure you have the correct ports and pins set up for the motors, and the green checkmarks are showing that they are all enabled?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
HI Dave I'l check them again tonight. I going to watch video one more time and go step by step all the way to motor tuning see what happen or see if I can find some thing wrong. so I let you know later.

thank you

Jaime

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Hi Dave I watch the video again , yes I have the correct ports and pins check with green mark on ports and pins window. So they are enable. I try again and same thing motor  not move at all. what I saw on video was that on input signal you have everything check with green mark on Active low, So I check (enable)    the ones for X,Y,Z  hoping that they work but   still nothing. So on input signal ,Active low everything should be mark on (green mark) beside E-stop?. thats how I saw the video . Any other Ideas what might be wrong so my motors dont move? Also Im going to check my cable to make sure Im getting the signal to my drivers and then from my drivers to my motors. I know its going to be a little thing I missing  cause i know lot of people using this program (mach3). What i learn now it how to jog  with the arrows. the problem I had before   I was using the worng arros on key board. now I can see the numbers on DRO move (X,Y,Z) bout motors dont move. Any other ideas what could be wrong let me know.

thank you

Jaime
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 02:11:19 AM »
Hi Jamie. Just a couple of things to check. When you downloaded your Mach program from the internet you did download it with a driver, as you have an option to download without a driver for program proving options without it being connected to a machine.
Secondly you have set up a profile for your machine, i.e. Mach3/mill and running your machine from it. I tried to run my machine direct from Mach and my motors didn't move.
If you have a driver present did you check the signal coming from it by going into the Mach folder on your ā€œCā€ hard drive, select driver test and see what sort of signal you have got. This program will tell you if its good, there are options to improve the signal, special driver etc.
Finally you are using a desktop computer only Mach's not keen on laptops.

That's my suggestions, its bound to be simple very rare for the Mach program system to be wrong. We all like to think it Mach's fault especially when we have pulled all our hair out, threatened it and OD on Coffee. Jim

Offline JAC

•  57 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
Hi Jim, thank you for all your suggestions. I'l check all that when I get home after work.  Yes I think I download the program with drivers but I double check that too.
When you say "profile for your machine" you got me thinking  cause I have two icons with mach3 mill.  One its just Mach3 mill and the other  it ask me to name it  when I was downloading the program and I named that mach3 JAC mill something like that, but I been trying to run my motors from the Mach3 mill . Now that you suggest that I going to try run it from the other  see what happen.
think I did the driver test as well when i download the program too see how my computer would act  and it said it was ok think you talking about that test but I check it again as well.  I know its going to be a little think (set up) .
Yes Im using a desk top computer (Win. XP)
thank you again Jim  I check all this first and them if motor still not moving I check the cable to make sure I get signal to my drivers then to my motors

Jaime