Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:44:26 PM

Author Topic: Hall of shame  (Read 173372 times)

Re: Hall of shame
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 04:35:34 AM »
Maybe a list of all the legitimate distributors would be a help too.
I bought mine from Homan Designs in Australia.
Anyone who is thinking of pirating this software should be shamed.
At $150 bucks or so its got to be one of the best value softwares around.
Pay the money it's worth every cent.
It's not like others which charge thousands.

Cheers Al.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 05:08:05 AM »
Anyone who is thinking of pirating this software should be shamed.
At $150 bucks or so its got to be one of the best value softwares around.
Pay the money it's worth every cent.
It's not like others which charge thousands.

Well said Al  :)

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline Vogavt

•  260 260
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 01:21:59 PM »
Huge undertaking but could you have users upload their license.dat file before granting access to the forum for assistance.

I understand you wouldn't want to block the main page otherwise you cut off your sales entry point.
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2013, 04:27:52 PM »
As a re-seller I share the sentiments and views of this topic.  I would like to see that a system be put in place where the re-seller can purchase the license and register it to his customers name himself. This way I can ensure that the license I installed or sold to a customer is reported and logged against my name. This is the only real proof that a re-seller has. I keep a copy of every license sold under the customers name in my folder. Unfortunately there is only a serial number so it is difficult to trace afterwards.
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2013, 09:07:57 AM »
As a re-seller I share the sentiments and views of this topic.  I would like to see that a system be put in place where the re-seller can purchase the license and register it to his customers name himself. This way I can ensure that the license I installed or sold to a customer is reported and logged against my name. This is the only real proof that a re-seller has. I keep a copy of every license sold under the customers name in my folder. Unfortunately there is only a serial number so it is difficult to trace afterwards.

When we purchase licenses, I send Scott an email with the name of the customer.  He then emails the license which displays the customer name in the title bar.  I also keep all customers licenses on file.  I don't know if Scott keeps a record of who the license was sold by.

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2013, 09:53:04 AM »
Some OEMs will get a block of licenses at a time so they don't know up front who the license will wind up going to. What you get from Scott is a license with the serial number after the .dat (so mach1Lic.dat.12345678). I add the customers name after the serial number (so mach1Lic.dat.12345678.Joe_Miner) and keep a copy, that lets me keep the customer name and serial number in coordination. If someone looses there license I can just sort the license folder by name and find it quickly.

Most of the instances of bogus licenses I have come across are from folks buying the cheap Chinese machines off Ebay and similar places. If it says it comes with a Mach3 license and it is from abroad I would be suspicious. The whole deal is bad for everyone involved. I'll be happy to see the new Mch4 licensing system take effect.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 12:37:18 PM »
When we purchase licenses, I send Scott an email with the name of the customer.  He then emails the license which displays the customer name in the title bar.  I also keep all customers licenses on file.  I don't know if Scott keeps a record of who the license was sold by.

Did you make an arrangement with Scott or is that a standard practice?
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2013, 12:40:51 PM »
If I come across a suspicious license I usually suggest an upgrade and if it is a known bogus license they are forced to purchase a license. If not I don't support them further.
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

Did you make an arrangement with Scott or is that a standard practice?

I didn't make any specific arrangements.  it's just the way we've always done it.  We order licenses as we need them, so we know who they are going to.  If there were a price break on bulk orders, I might do that....Or there might be and I just don't know about it. :)
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 06:15:49 PM »
Hi for info, I have an official licence for my version of mach3, but whilst searching I've come across this site with 3 downloads.

Obviously the site is not to blame, as people post torrents to it for others to download and use, so maybe difficult to trace where the torrent originated from.

Edit; Link removed by Mod.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 01:25:05 AM by Tweakie.CNC »